If only SOMEONE could reprint Mission Red Planet (hint, hint)

By Docknock, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

I would buy it. I don't care if the rumors are true or not. If you guys have a bead on it, it will sell, if you do not have a bead on it, you are missing out because it would sell.

I would buy it. I don't care if the rumors are true or not. If you guys have a bead on it, it will sell, if you do not have a bead on it, you are missing out because it would sell.

My take on it?

An OOP game well worth reprinting, a classic in "less is more" game design, simple elegant, but the poster child for how not to publish a game.

The box is badly designed putting the pieces back using the insert is impossible, you best bet is to throw out the insert, bag the pieces parts.

The board may tear into sections and needs to be handled with care. It is one of the weakest boards I have ever seen. The character cards are an odd size and finding sleeves for them is hard. I had to cut some down to fit. The information on how to play the character cards is in a very small font on the card making it very hard to read there is no reason for this as the cards are very large. A more modern game of MRP would have ICONS listed down the side. Given its age you can not fault it for that.

Still a good playing game and needs to be reprinted to a more modern and thought out standard.

Just Kickstart the thing to judge demand.

The game play doesn't need to change, so no test playing.

The "work" is reworking the card size to a sleeve standard and better fit the text/font. The board fast wear, ripping problem addressed, and a box that fits aka provide a box, bags.

Seems simple enough, but, NOOOooooooooooooooo.