Lightsaber Hard Points as per Table 5-7, page 125

By Gothmogg23, in Proofreading Changes

As listed on the table,

Basic Hp 5

Double Hp 4

Pike Hp 3

Shoto Hp 3

Training Hp 5

What I find as an error is that per the reading of the items descriptions on page 124 (starting with the Basic), it's states that " This lightsaber is a basic lightsaber hilt containing an unmodded Illum Crystal(see page 137). This crystal occupies two of the weapon's hard points." This is true to all the lightsabers listed here in their descriptions.

Now on page 137 in the description of the Illum crystal attachment, it states "Hard Points required: 1." I see this in conflict with the Lightsabers' description of the cost of the Illum crystals HP cost, also...

On page 125, Table 5-8 Lightsaber Hilts, it's clear shows the same Hard Points as listed above for the same Lightsabers with the base Illum Crystal added into it. Either Table 5-7 should have the Hard Points reduced by two each for the stated Illum crystals listed in their description or table 5-8 should have their HP's increased by two as they are missing the crystals.

So as it stands, I see possible misprints on page 137, Illum crystal should have HP requirement increase by one to two as to match up with the Lightsabers' descriptions, and then also the HP's on either Table 5-7 or Table 5-8 need their HPs increased or decreased to make sense based off of the items' descriptions.

Unless this is meant to be of course.

The Ilum HP difference in its description is definitely an error.

The HPs matching in 5-7 and 5-8 are meant to be that way so that it shows the total Hard Points, not just the present hard points available.

I think there should be some stated clarifaction for Table 5-7. I can see many people buying the basic and then modding it, thinking are 5 HPs available and not the 3 that are left because of used 2 from the already installed Illum Crystal. I see your point but I think something as easy as HP: (5) 3, might be all that is needed.

If all crystals cost 2 HPs... why not decrease it to 1 and decrease HPs on lightsabres by 1?

I mean, sure there might be up-coming crystals for 1 HP and I guess there stun thing, the trainingsabre emitter thing might cost 1 HP, so if you want to go and boost your trainingsabre with lots of hilt mods, sure I can see the point... still, it seems odd to me. And any up-coming 1HP crystals would, if I understand how the HP cost is decided, be not as good as the 2 HP crystals, perhaps cheaper, less rare, but also not as good, not as modifiable... I guess there could be a reason to go for it. I don't know. It just seems odd, although it's no big issue really.

I think the intent is that all focusing crystals (including the training emitter) are meant to cost 2 Hard Points across the board, no matter how good or bad they are in contrast to the Ilum crystal (which seems to be the baseline where focusing crystals are concerned).

Personally, I think it'd be simplier to just drop the Hard Point values of all the lightsabers by 2, noting in their description that they come standard with an Ilum crystal, and that removing said crystal adds 2 hard points, since it then reverts to the stats for the various lightsaber hilts.