How does one kill a demon lord?

By Mother Superior2, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

Let's say i want to kill the Dei-Phage. Not just banish it. Truly kill it, erase it from the warp. How does one do that?

A difficulty would be to stop all the followers from praying to this demon. Belief creates being as I see it. But it could be possible right? How does one go about this?

Kill all that know of the daemon, destroy all info of him, kill his physical form, kill yourself since you know of him.

HHHHH ok i already thought about killing myself. Maybe make him enter my mortal form and capture it that way. But it would be something super-epic. A feat beyond all feats. But still. It might be possible to make the Dei-Phage a legend instead of a true entity.

The Psychic power Holocaust can kill daemons

Kill all that know of the daemon, destroy all info of him, kill his physical form, kill yourself since you know of him.

How about the chaos god that created the daemon? can't kill a god :) (mostly because nobody statted them...)

The Psychic power Holocaust can kill daemons

Can you give me a source, please, from where you got that?

Why is it not possible to kill a god? They emerge from the psychic essence in the warp. All the dark and painful emotions of mortals. If they have a beginning then why can't they have an end.

We should have a community-based adventure called 'dead gods'. Where we try the unthinkable. To kill a chaos entity.

Dark Heresy Rulebook p175:

The flames of a Holocaust burn across dimensions, affecting the entities of the immaterium as well as material beings ... There is no immunity to the fires of a Holocaust and Warp Entities, as well as other immaterial creatures, are burned as readily as the fleshbound. Those slain by Holocaust are killed forever.

Its even sustained...... Now to think of a way to survive this

Simple! Just Spam Seal-Wounds every round :D

Of course, the author of these rules never intended for that to be possible:

Holocaust - The wounds caused by Holocaust can only be healed by time, psychic abilities do squat to restore them. That may seem harsh, but consider this: Daemons generally laugh at most mortals, including the bulk of psykers. Even if you are such a badass that you can take a daemon on with a reasonable expectation of killing it and surviving the fight, the corrupt bastard is laughing at you because all you're doing is destroying its manifested form and banishing it back to the warp where it will spend the next century or so contemplating the horrors it will visit upon your family line for the next umpteen generations. Holocaust burns spirit as well as flesh: anything killed by a Holocaust is warp-dead as well as physically dead. Psykers that can manifest Holocaust scare the **** out of daemons...

...not necessarily a good thing, but big bragging rights, eh?

Just bribe another Daemon Lord to kill the first one in the Warp.

-What could possibly go wrong...?

Dark Heresy Rulebook p175:

The flames of a Holocaust burn across dimensions, affecting the entities of the immaterium as well as material beings ... There is no immunity to the fires of a Holocaust and Warp Entities, as well as other immaterial creatures, are burned as readily as the fleshbound. Those slain by Holocaust are killed forever.

Ah thanks. **** thats some power-up from the minis game.

No Chaos God has ever manifested in Realspace. It's unlikely a god would recreate such a daemon lord as the DeiPhage, that's just me at least.

And legends are just as powerful in the warp as a true warp entity. Binding him in your mortal form will just give him a mortal form to play around with. I doubt daemonhost bindings could hold back a lord.

It's not killing it, but binding it into an object is technically doable. It's what the Ordo Malleus sometimes does when dealing with major entities. Of course, they typically then stash it somewhere safe to be held until it can be permanently eliminated, or forever, if destruction would be too risky.

Bind it into an inanimate object, not a person. If it's an inanimate object, it's a lot more limited, and the daemon will find it a lot harder to break free and kill you.

I dont think Holocaust can do anything but wound a deamonlord. If that were the case, Grey Knight would just cast it (which they do in the books to clear their way) and wouldnt bother fighting Ghargatuloth, and banish him every 1000 year with great many sacrifices.

From what i understand a Deamonlord is a Being of a concept, in Ghargatuloth's case Knowledge. The wider the concept is the more powerful a Deamonlord is. If you can wipe that concept form the universe, that would destroy the deamonlord as well.

Edited by Enkhar

It is my interpretation that it's impossible to really "kill" a Warp entity. They are an aspect of the abstract concept of a so-called Chaos God that spawned them, and as long as said Chaos God does not revoke the creature's independence and reabsorbs its energy, it will retain its own shape, form and intelligence.

You can, however, trap it! Captured daemonic entities and their possible or successful release (either intentionally or unintentionally) are a neat plot device, but there's nothing that says you cannot craft an adventure around imprisoning such a creature yourself.

In a way, your team might even sow the seeds of someone elses plot, and the cycle continues. ;)

Binding him in your mortal form will just give him a mortal form to play around with. I doubt daemonhost bindings could hold back a lord.

Ah, come on - what could possibly go wrong?

Diablo_II_Coverart.png

Edited by Lynata

I guess Diablo II was in fact in 40k universe; a feodal world. Where angels are members of inquisition :)

Angels are just warp apparitions of faith. Still filthy demons though.

I guess Diablo II was in fact in 40k universe; a feodal world. Where angels are members of inquisition :)

Nono. They're daemons of Tzeentch.

The idea of binding a daemon to a sanctified object in order to contain it, and then plunge that object into a prepared vessel (such as a ritually scarred, mind-cleansed and soulbound astropath) as though bound as a daemonhost, clad it in armour marked with a Immateria Ward and Hexagramatic Wards, replace major bones with null rods, and then imprison that within a Tesseract Box, just occurred to me.

Then I realized that it's been done before.

Still, I think it's a pretty legit way to imprison something of the warp that cannot be destroyed.

What is a 'Tesseract Box' ? I've never heard of that before.

My bet its some necron tech used to imprison rediculous powerfull entities.

Well, a tesseract is to a cube as a cube is to a square. So a tesseract box would be a four-dimensional box, where all the sides of the "box" are themselves "boxes within the box". Simple, eh?

What's in the box?

Pain.

- Dune.

Oh, hey. just remembered, I believe that technically speaking if you kill a daemon in the Warp it is permadead. Unfortunately for the person or persons attempting to do so, a daemon in the Warp is a lot harder to put down than the same daemon in realspace/inside an active Gellar field.

I believe that a tesseract box is an extradimensional, bigger on the inside, containment device.

Oh, hey. just remembered, I believe that technically speaking if you kill a daemon in the Warp it is permadead. Unfortunately for the person or persons attempting to do so, a daemon in the Warp is a lot harder to put down than the same daemon in realspace/inside an active Gellar field.

I believe that a tesseract box is an extradimensional, bigger on the inside, containment device.

So the TARDIS is a tesseract box?

The Doctor is a C'tan! This explains so much, i mean, Run! Run for your lives!