BC Campaigns?

By Var Zhul, in Black Crusade Game Masters

Is it somewhat taboo to discuss campaign ideas? I am seemingly unable to find a discussion on people's ideas for a campaign path, or their own designs for a campaign. Is it just an unspoken rule to not share your ideas? Unless creating examples? Or do people not want their ideas stolen?

If you have or want to discuss campaign ideas go right ahead :) I guess we just haven't gotten around to it yet, nothing wrong with using someone elses idea if it's good.

Well I don't visit here often but I wanted to do a game based around the original Traitor Legions in the Eye of Terror. Part exploration of new daemon worlds and part dealing with legion politics to try stay alive plus muster a force of your own. All PC carry with them 10000 years of baggage in their back stories cause they are all CSM. Also try to brake out of those pesky chaos stereotypes that exist.

Currently I'm GM'ing a game with only heretics (ie: mortals), so far we've started Broken Chains which I know more or less by heart. Of course this helps as guiding players is kind of like herding cats. They go where they please. When/if they get control of the ship I'll let the one person who has some knowledge of the screaming vortex see if he can find a planet to try to steer towards.

Edit: I mostly do this because I'm not a fan of railroad adventures, but also because I want my players to be engaged enough to drive their own story and find their own fun (which I in turn have to make a canvas for on the fly). I like those the best, but it does put alot of workload on me as a GM as I need to know how I want the world around them to be beforehand.

Edited by Ghaundan

One string of my campaign deals with a mysterious warlord that showed up a few centuries ago and is a highly successful raider of the imperium. The warlord seems to be a tactical genius and have immense intel on the imperium including command codes.

First task - sack an imperial shrine while the warlords forces gather slaves

second - bring a contagion past a customs inspection onto a agri world

third - disable a DW fortress while not being allowed to kill certain people on board

Just putting it out there, I am currently looking for a skype based BC campaign at the moment. PM me or add me on skype. Skype name is in my account.

The problem with having some powerful warlord boss around the PCs, I find, is that it's more suited to Dark Heresy. Oftentimes, Heretics aren't the sort to suffer the authority of another, unless you want them to be actively looking for a way to betray the warlord when they feel they're ready.

Just my experience, of course.