Deadly sight and 2 more.

By jawbone, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Hi. I searched the rulebook, but I can't summon up enough lawyerly power to answer these questions myself.

1. Can I play two of the same enhancement on a character (ex: two blaster pistols on Bobba Fett, or Luke with two sabres)?

2. Does Deadly Sight

a)remove two force icons from a card and then kill the card if this removal reduces the card's force icons to 0,

or

b)remove 2 force icons from any card, and only kill those that don't have two force icons to lose?

3. Can ANY card be captured, or does it have to be a character? The rules suggest that any card can be captured, but that could result in a case where something like Dagobah Training Grounds being captured and taken back to Jabba's Reach, which seems weird.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jawbone

1. You may play multiple copies of an enhancement on a single applicable unit as long as the enhancement does not have the Unique symbol.

2. Deadly Sight removes two force icons and then destroys the unit if it now has 0 force icons, whether or not the unit started with any force icons.

3. Any card can be captured unless the card ability specifies a type of card or a trait.

Thanks!

Extra note on Deadly Sight:

It sets up a lasting condition that lasts until the end of a phase that will kill the unit if it reaches 0 Force Icons at any time. This is important because it allows you to chain it with something that will lower force icons later (e.g. Plan of the Prophetess + Echoes of the Force) or keeps Old Ben's Spirit from saving the card.

Extra note on Deadly Sight:

It sets up a lasting condition that lasts until the end of a phase that will kill the unit if it reaches 0 Force Icons at any time. This is important because it allows you to chain it with something that will lower force icons later (e.g. Plan of the Prophetess + Echoes of the Force) or keeps Old Ben's Spirit from saving the card.

Indeed. Thank you for mentioning that. It's fun to use a combo like that or perhaps just one or more copies of Deadly Sight to get rid of a strong LS Force User that's been layered with multiple copies of Old Ben's Spirit. ^_^

Great answers, but can someone tell me how the Deadly Sight info is distilled from the rules? I'll need to justify my actions to other players . . .

Jawbone

1. Duplicate enhancements = pg. 14 of the core rulebook: " There is no limit to the number of enhancements that can be attached to a card or game element ." A unique card has its own restrictions. But otherwise, there is nothing in the rules that limits how many copies of a non-unique enhancement can be placed on a unit.

2. Deadly Sight = The Golden Rule, pg. 11 of the core rulebook. The card text gives you all the information you need.

3. Capture cards = pg. 26 of the core rulebook. Nowhere does it list specific types of cards that can be captured. Only the cards themselves would give restrictions, if any.

In all three cases, don't read restrictions that aren't there.