Archery and Frodo

By DaeMord, in Rules questions & answers

So this question came up, was playing a game and archery damage was doing its thing, and was wondering if you had say archery 20, could you assign that to frodo and threat up by 20 or are you limited by his HP

Also on this similar thinking, assuming you are limited by his HP could i have a song of mocking on frodo, choose a hero with 5 HP and have all the damage move over to frodo, if i did this would frodo take 7 points of damage all to threat, take 2 points to threat then 5 and die, or take 5 to threat, then 2 and die.

Put simply mechanically for the purposes of moving and preventing damage, exactly how is archery damage assigned and dealt

You are limited to hp when assigning archery damage, and all archery damage are done after all of them are fully assigned. I got an answer from Caleb.

In case of song of mocking, well... technically, the response of song of mocking is a passive, so frodon would receive all 7 damage before cancelling them BUT, is it considered as only one source ? it is (archery), but I am only 80% sure about that.

I agree with alogos, you should be able to move all the archery damage from a 5 HP hero to Frodo, then cancel all of it (raising threat by 5-- not sure where you are getting the number 7?). Since the damage is applied all at once, and not resolved point-by-point, Song of Mocking should be able to move the whole thing.

Hmmm I think archery damage apply as x damage rule. One by one. Or im wrong?

Caleb's answer from way back :

Q: Can a character have more damage than hit point? Can we deal more Archery damage on a character that it has hit points? If there is two Silvan Refugees, can we assign 1 archery damage to both?
A: Damage from Archery keyword cannot be over-assigned to characters you control. It must be divided among characters you control until either there is no damage left to assign or no characters left to assign it to. The damage is applied simultaneously, so you can assign damage to more than 1 Silvan Refugee because their Forced effect will not trigger until after all the damage has been assigned.

So it is not done 1 by 1.

I agree with alogos, you should be able to move all the archery damage from a 5 HP hero to Frodo, then cancel all of it (raising threat by 5-- not sure where you are getting the number 7?). Since the damage is applied all at once, and not resolved point-by-point, Song of Mocking should be able to move the whole thing.

got 7 because i was also assuming 2 points of archery asigned to frodo as well as the 5hp hero

ah I see now. Now I don't know how to answer, could you do all 7? Since Frodo is limited to doing this once per phase (or round? no time to look it up at the moment), does he receive all 7 as a chunk, or would he first get his own 2 archery damage, followed by a second instance of the 5 damage via Song of Mocking? No idea. I would submit that as a rules question.

i must appologise im a bit confused, i was under the impression thats what this forum was for, is there another place i can directly ask a ruling question that i have missed?

The forum is mostly for user, even if developper of the game seems to be reading it, they don't answer here. So this forum as a "rules questions" button at the very bottom of the page to contact them and have an answer from the developper.

This is the right forum, but when the community is in doubt, we have to summon the higher power by superior means.

Yeah, look waaaay down at the bottom of the page, under the information about the FFG copyright, with the privacy policy and terms of use links... and you'll see neatly hidden there a 'rules questions' links. You can use that to submit a rules question directly to the designers.

found and submitted, thank you very much will post if/when i get an answer

So there is still not clean…. Can take Frodo 7 archery damage or not? Im pretty sure no but I would like to hear official answer

The official answer was that you couldn't over assign damage from archery.

So you can take 7 IF frodo has a song of mocking on a 5 HP hero, but he alone cannot take more than 2.

The official answer was that you couldn't over assign damage from archery.

So you can take 7 IF frodo has a song of mocking on a 5 HP hero, but he alone cannot take more than 2.

OK. Actually that how i was play all the time. Just wonna be sure. Thank you