my tech priests background story (creative writing)

By seaplusplus, in Fan Fiction

So I made a backstory for my tech priest and decided to tell it as a story rather than just as general information. I've never really done creative writing like, at all haha. So let me know what you think

I grew up alone, in the wasted forgelands. Sometimes you could see the forges in the distance, their shear size creating the horizon. Very rarely did I see their occupants, as it was always dark and smoggy, which didn't help me at all but I got used to it. There was usually something giving off a constant low green glow pretty much wherever you went, eventually the patterns they created became my mental map. The fleshy robots sometimes laying around supplied most of my nourishment, discounting the percentage of it that got expelled immediately after I'd consumed it. My life changed after I found the one with medical tools on it. A few cycles were spent getting it functioning properly but when I learned of the Electoo and Electro-Graft implants it had the ability to perform I really realized its potential. The knowledge that unit and other units contained became my life as it all expanded the scope of what I was able to accomplish. Eventually usable units became more plentyful after I replaced my bodily need for nutrience. Mental control of the units allowed me to expand my sensory range greatly. That's how I saw the unmarked ship falling through the atmosphere and landing just outside my scanning range. I noted the lack of damage to the ship as my units arrived ahead of me. After making an entry point through the hull It wasn't long before the generated map showed no lifeforms within. Collected data from my units suggested occupants may have escaped at some point, that is when I noted one of my units starting to act against my thoughts, which had never occurred before. My investigation into the unit was cut short as my sensors flared and a circulating light started to engulf me before I was immediately removed from the ship and now standing in front of some robotic humanoids who looked similar to me. I later found out I was now aboard a vessel belonging to Paracelsus Thule.

my tech priest uses the disciple of thule background package which is also fleshed into the story.