Netherlands Nationals: Overview

By HoofdletterD, in X-Wing

Hi y'all,

Took some typing, but here is an overview of all the lists used during the Dutch Nationals held on the 7th of September 2014 in Leiden, The Netherlands.

http://www.xwingminiaturesgame.com/squad-list-rebels/nationals-review-the-netherlands/

It is still being updated with the places all the lists held at the end of round 6, but it will give you a nice insight on what pilots, ships and upgrades were used.

Enjoy!

Nice write up, especially like the data on upgrades

Kath Scarlet represent!

Thanks for the write-up.

that is a depressing number of fat-falcon builds.

5 Hans and 1 Chewie out of 36 players isn't that bad, I see only 3 with C3PO. The Phantom is a lot more popular with 4 Echo's and 6 Wispers and even good old Howlrunner (6) has seen more play in that tournament.

To bad I didn't know about this tournament. I would have loved to participate.

Edited by Joostuh

Nice write-up!

5 Hans and 1 Chewie out of 36 players isn't that bad, I see only 3 with C3PO. The Phantom is a lot more popular with 4 Echo's and 6 Wispers and even good old Howlrunner (6) has seen more play in that tournament.

To bad I didn't know about this tournament. I would have loved to participate.

There were also at least two lists with two named Phantoms, but I only see one in the write-up.

Looks like fewer fat Hans than most nationals. The whisper count reflects that!

More 4 and 3-ship rebels than other nationals too.

Update: I had some new intell on lists I missed, I added those to the article: one more Fat Falcon list and some more phantoms for a total of 11 Phantoms and 6 Falcons.

Edited by HoofdletterD

Nice write up!

I felt the tournament was falcon and Phantom light to be honest, more variety than I would have guessed. I think most people either did not have the practice time with the phantom of were already moving away from them for the fear of ant-phantom lists/meta shift.

(crosspost from reddit/r/xwingtmg)

My personal TLDR report:

Great people, nice venue, high skill level all around!

Took the 'Hold my Cosmo'-list with Whisper and the miniswarm with Howlrunner. Played that for months with Echo, but decided to switch to Whisper instead due to the pilot skill and fear of Han's. Had a good time with it at a competitive venue, especially loved the blocking capabilities of the academies.

Won Game 1 vs Ten Numb / Biggs - Quick sweep, only Howl bit the dust.

Lost Game 2 vs finalist with the swarm and doomshuttle (/nod PS10 ) - Clipped an asteroid by a hair due to a daring decloak move with Whisper trying to dance around an asteroid to get behind his swarm. Eyeballed it for a good 3 minutes before i tried it but it didnt work out.

Won Game 3 vs Soontir - Got a lucky shot early with the swarm at Soontir which forced him to play more defensive. Scraped out the win by rolling a bit better than him at the critical moments but still a great game against HoofdletterD .

Lost Game 4 vs mirrormatch - Opponent had Rebel Captive instead. Lost initiative and rolled really poorly. Had a range 1 shot on his Howl but rolled 5 misses, spent TL and rolled 5 misses again. This meant no focus for defense and got oneshotted by not rolling a single evade. I think he ended up 5th.

Won Game 5 vs Superhan with 2 Z's (Blount) with Assault Missiles - This was supposed to be the rock to my scissors but the opponent was a bit zoned out. He tried to wall up his Z's behind Han but misjudged the ranges and I could mop them up with the swarm. Ended up blocking with some Academies and dancing Whisper at range 3 taking potshots. Only lost Howlrunner.

Lost Game 6 vs FS + swarm - Traded swarms and it came down with Whisper versus Boba Fett with VI and EU. Spent a good 7 rounds running around the board chasing each other, had a laugh about it before I decided to risk putting on some hurt but whiffed my attacks and defense. Hoped to pull this one out to end it 4-2 but as ever was demoted to the middle of the pack.

At the end of the day had a great time with some nice socializing between games. Talked to the winner a bit at the end but it seemed sadly he didnt have the possibility to make the trip to Worlds. Was hoping our little Dutchland would be represent, but alas.

Edited by ren

I have written a report on my games in another thread here

There's another report on the ffg forums here