new supplement just anounced fr q4

By Shemov, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

the best I could expect. I want to restart my DH with new edition and new team and need new adventures for starting levels

thank you FFG. you know what people needs most. ready well designed adventures becouse we have no time to make them

Edited by Shemov

Damnit, startlingly close to the adventure idea I was planning, and probably has nicer art. Ok, they win this time. I'll buy a **** adventure

Well at least they're making the adventure book useful by adding creation options in it. Also cemetery worlds...also rogue traders...dang I actually want this adventure book which is weird because at first I was upset that we were getting the same formula as before.

I wonder if they didn't already make the three adventures based off the core adventure book and they don't include it because of page count, I feel it's likely true because that's how their "inquisitor's handbook" book works for each of the lines right? Just polished stuff that didn't make it into the page count? That being said for their inquisitor's handbook I want a detailed planetary guide.

Forgotten Gods also offers new options for Acolyte creation. Each of the three major locations explored in this book includes rules for using that location as an Acolyte's home world, so new players can craft characters hailing from these vastly different parts of the Imperium. Alternatively – Emperor forbid – a player can use this information to create a new Acolyte should his existing character not survive their climatic adventures in Forgotten Gods !

Oh Emperor, oh Emperor... *runs in little circles from excitement*

It certainly sounds interesting enough. I'm most intrigued by the additional character creation options, it sounds like they'll replace the background portion though I don't see how Desoleum and Thaur offer anything outside of what's already there. I can see how Rogue Trader is a viable alternative though. Looking forward to an FFG Alien race again though, what we already have is fantastic and an Old God from before the Imperium will certainly have servants hidden between the stars.

Oh Emperor, oh Emperor... *runs in little circles from excitement*

I feel the same way. My acolytes never want to play Cthulhu games with me...now they've no choice!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHahahahahaha*cough*HAHAHAHA. :lol:

So, what do you all suppose the forgotten gods are?

They already did the Yu'vath, what direction could they go now?

Regardless I'm always a big fan of FFG Xenos, Stryxis especially, so I'm sure it'll be good.

Of course, the forgotten God could be C'tan Shard :o

I remember someone around here saying they really wanted to see cemetery worlds, so I guess they got their wish! It certainly sounds like it has what makes a great adventure book. I do hope that this means it has it's own self contained beastiary: Mo' monsters means mo' fun (and mo' ways to instill fear within players >:3)!

I remember someone around here saying they really wanted to see cemetery worlds, so I guess they got their wish!

I did, I did indeed.

I remember someone around here saying they really wanted to see cemetery worlds, so I guess they got their wish!

I did, I did indeed.

I would say "A pox on you," but... I like throwing Acolytes into so many creepy places, cemetery worlds are so much fun. And as a player, the creepier the environment the better I feel as well. So, in actuality, what I am trying to express is :D on the subject.

-=Brother Praetus=-

This looks like a pretty solid release. The generous amount of background info plus adventure hooks is exactly what I love seeing in adventure modules, ever since I got my hands on TDE's Königsmacher campaign and it redefined for me, how reusable an adventure book should be in terms of content (i.e. VERY).

Even if I ignore the core rulebook, odds are high I'll snag this when I can. I can see this having ample use both in our Dark Heresy and Black Crusade games.

So, what do you all suppose the forgotten gods are?

They already did the Yu'vath, what direction could they go now?

Regardless I'm always a big fan of FFG Xenos, Stryxis especially, so I'm sure it'll be good.

Of course, the forgotten God could be C'tan Shard :o

The last one was exactly my idea. That could also be a reason why an eldar craftworld is in the sector...might the necron become active in askellon ? We also saw a lot of nurgle/death cults recently...might also be related to venerating something "dead"...

Very, very nice!

1. I like the more focused setting. I know that the Calixis Sector in Dark Heresy was supposed to be all over the place with different threats poking out of the woodwork everywhere, but it kind of felt disjointed as a result
  2. I like "The Faceless Trade" being built up as a major part of the Inqusition's job. I especially like that it follows pretty seamlessly on from Dark Pursuits, and that you get to continue pursuing the same entity - which means building your store of contacts, rivals, reinforcement characters, etc, etc.
  3. I especially like that the acolytes first trip offworld is a big deal. Interstellar travel isn't such a commonplace thing in the imperium that I feel a mission should start "this week, you're on Iocathos...for reasons!". Investigating a wierd murder downhive is fine. Investigating a murder off-world is silly; by the time you get there by chartist fleet shipping the person is weeks dead.
  4. Adding homeworlds as the world gets fleshed out in the adventure is a great idea. As noted in the book, it's quite likely that a 'replacement' character will be needed.... it's nice if the person can be local.

Sounds great! If the forgotten god is a C'tan and it awakens Necrons, the Imperium and the sector will be in deep doodoo to say the least.

Sounds great! If the forgotten god is a C'tan and it awakens Necrons, the Imperium and the sector will be in deep doodoo to say the least.

If it is a C'Tan, the Pandaemonium will become the sectors smaller problem...

IF it is Necrons, the Pandaemonium might be mankind's "salvation".

/Radical ;)

1. I especially like that the acolytes first trip offworld is a big deal. Interstellar travel isn't such a commonplace thing in the imperium that I feel a mission should start "this week, you're on Iocathos...for reasons!". Investigating a wierd murder downhive is fine. Investigating a murder off-world is silly; by the time you get there by chartist fleet shipping the person is weeks dead.

Every Adeptus Arbites and Adeptus Astra Telepathica character has already been offworld at least once (twice for the AAT) just by virtue of the Background. And then there are the Voidborn...

1. I especially like that the acolytes first trip offworld is a big deal. Interstellar travel isn't such a commonplace thing in the imperium that I feel a mission should start "this week, you're on Iocathos...for reasons!". Investigating a wierd murder downhive is fine. Investigating a murder off-world is silly; by the time you get there by chartist fleet shipping the person is weeks dead.

Every Adeptus Arbites and Adeptus Astra Telepathica character has already been offworld at least once (twice for the AAT) just by virtue of the Background. And then there are the Voidborn...

Sure, but that doesn't make space travel common. Simple example: During WWII, many soldiers were 'country/city hicks' who had never been much further than the next village/borough. So even though they might then be shipped to distant fronts, they are still essentially the same with the same narrow views based on their upbringing and experiences. It would take more than 1 trip or so to change that. Only prolonged exposure to new experiences would do that.

And as for voidborn, they have special rules for being off a space vessel/structure. For them, being planetborn should be the unusual experience....

Looks nice and all to me although I can't of course say anything final until I've read and played the adventure myself.

Hiyas!

Xtulu heresy!!

Ïa!

L

I am rather happy about character creation options included in adventure. I am do not run published adventures often, so the first obligatory supplements in any FFG line are bit of a torment for me (I want player/GM handbooks! and lot of them!), but this is rather nice badaid.

Hadn't noticed it before Thaur is a Shrine World, not a cemetary world...oh well, someday.

Supplemental(rules) material should not be included in an adventure book. Why isn't this past of a more comprehensive rules supplement, like Inquisitors Handbook was?

Supplemental(rules) material should not be included in an adventure book. Why isn't this past of a more comprehensive rules supplement, like Inquisitors Handbook was?

Because they don't release the Inquisitor's Handbook until the next book the release?

What's it matter? They're putting it where it's applicable. Gives us a reason to buy the adventure book.