Which The End of the World would you want to see?

By ThenDoctor, in Zombie Apocalypse

TEotW: Midnight Science Fiction Feature (50's B movie monsters/giant monsters in general)

TEotW: Loving the Bomb (Nuclear apocalypse)

TEotW: Rise of the Monsters (Draculas, Werewolves, that sort of thing)

TEotW: Rapture (general demon apocalypse any religion end of the world scenario)

Which would you like to see? That is if they're even making more than the four to begin with.

TEotW: Lay line (Invasion from Fantasy races or Parallel Universes)

I want to see a weather/climate based end of the world. New ice age or solar flares or super earthquakes. Disease could be interesting, too.

TEOTW: Kaiju

Large monsters, who doesn't love a gigantic end of the world godzilla destroys everything.

Vampires and werewolves!

Honestly the ones already announced pretty much cover all of my favorite ways to end the world. I'm particularly partial to alien invasion and rise of the machines, particularly when you combine the two so that the mechanical legions are the robotic enforcers of the alien overlords.

It would be fun to mix and match, leaving humanity to get caught in the middle. Have aliens and Gods fighting over earth?

EOTW: Nightmares

Nightmarish creatures ravage a city. creatures along the lines of silent hill, non zombie Resident Evil creatures.

I know this is rediculous but I wanted EOTW: shadowrun

shadowrun setting is basicly already passed the end of the world but the history of it has something similar.

How about a supervolcano erupting or a meteor impact?

If that happens, you would just die:) no chance of survival

If that happens, you would just die:) no chance of survival

Have you seen or read The Road?

Also there have been both Supervolcano eruptions as well as meteors impacting the Earth in the past, and guess what? Life is still there...

(i'am french so escuse my english)

Resume :

Existing books :

- Zombies

- AI & Robots

- Gods

- Aliens

Other possible books :

- Natural Disaster ( tornage , climate change, asteroid , volcanoes ....)

- Virus

- War ( WW3 , Civil War , Nuclear Apocalypse )

- Monsters giants (like pacific rim , godzilla , ....)

- Fantastic ( werewolf , vampire, ... )

- Occult Forces ( demonic invasion, sorcerers, Dargons (movie reign of fire) )

Kaiju

B-movie monsters

Natural disasters

Sentient natural disasters (That forest fire is comming to get you barbara!)

Return of the dragons (like that one movie, but better)

Dinosaurs attack! (but make them all carnivorous, inteligent and extra tough)

Mythological creatures (chimeras, gorgons, Yormungandr)

Ghosts, (merging of earth with the realm of the dead)

Children of the corn (no adult is safe from their own ofspring!)

Ponies, Pegasi and Unicorns :)

The nuclear apocalypse one would be great, but it would have to be more in line with something like 'Fallout', otherwise it just turns into 'when the wind blows' or 'threads'.

Spoiler alert, everyone dies of radiation sickness...

A gross climate change like a new Ice Age would be interesting from a gameplay sense. Not sure how most of us would handle a Day After Tomorrow scenario though.

The one where human overpopulation and disregard for the environment causes it's downfall. If I gotta play "me" in all my glory, then I want the honest "end". Who knows, maybe someone will come up with an actual "fix".

Edited by Shamrock

TEotW: Rapture (general demon apocalypse any religion end of the world scenario)

I thought they already have this covered in Wrath of the Gods? Or is that book strictly five ways from Lovecraft.

Non Chtullu is ONE story of this book.

The one where human overpopulation and disregard for the environment causes it's downfall. If I gotta play "me" in all my glory, then I want the honest "end". Who knows, maybe someone will come up with an actual "fix".

There are fixes, people are generally a lazy lot and the fixes are expensive or to different (change = bad) to implement. Which is why we play roleplaying games that come up with more entertaining apocalypses.

I thought they already have this covered in Wrath of the Gods? Or is that book strictly five ways from Lovecraft.

Might be, from what I understood it was gods personally attacking humanity. Not something like Rapture or Ragnarok happening.

wonder what they'll give for reason as to why the gods are attack us. Also wondering if it is just one pantheon, or multiple ones, and oh lord this is gonna become a theologian nightmare.

Zeus: KNEEL BEFORE ZEUS!

guy: "Go away zeus I don't believe in you!"

Zeus: "Goooo! LIghtuning booooolt!!!"

ZAP!

guy: "okay i do believe in lightning bolts, i mean- aaaach!"

Wodan: "HEAR ME MORTALS! I AM WODAN! WHY HAVE YOU STOPPED PRAYING TO ME?!!"

guy: euh you see first we had this christian conversion thing, but now we switched to atheism-

ZAAAAAPPPP!!!

guy: "aaaagh!!!!"

Thor: "what are you two doing? I'm the only god of thunder!"

Wodan: "come at me bro!"

zeus: " i'm not a thunder god, i'm the RULER of all gods! I just throw lightning bolts is all..."

Thor: (to Odin) hey dad? there is some other guy here who claims he's the big boss!"

Odin: "we'll see about that..."

How about End of the world: Red dawn?

Wolverines!

That's not an apocalyptic scenario though...

Not yet... but what if things get worse? what if things get nuclear?

What if the USA struck back with their entire nuclear arsenal as retaliation for the russian invasion, prompting a full scale nuclear war/holocaust?

Or what if the canadians, south american aliance and europe came to america's aid and forced the russians out, only for them to get nuked in america when the russians decide that if they can't have it, no one can.

Or, what if a third country (let's say China) decides to kill two birds with one stone by nuking america along with most of the russian army on US soil. Leaving China as top dog for world power.

Or maybe the president of the USA, goes insane yells: "those dirty reds wont sleep in our beds!" and fires nuclear missiles at targets on american soil, in a horribly extreme case of "scorched earth".

Edited by Robin Graves

How about End of the world: Red dawn?

Wolverines!

Could be fun, but unless the system is really fantastic you might as well play any of the multitude of other WW3/Soviet invasion games out there, some very well supported back in the day.

That's not an apocalyptic scenario though...

Might not be apocalyptic in that civilization and humanity are not destroyed, but it is certainly a TEOTWAWKI scenario.

Not yet... but what if things get worse? what if things get nuclear?

What if the USA struck back with their entire nuclear arsenal as retaliation for the russian invasion, prompting a full scale nuclear war/holocaust?

Or what if the canadians, south american aliance and europe came to america's aid and forced the russians out, only for them to get nuked in america when the russians decide that if they can't have it, no one can.

Or, what if a third country (let's say China) decides to kill two birds with one stone by nuking america along with most of the russian army on US soil. Leaving China as top dog for world power.

Or maybe the president of the USA, goes insane yells: "those dirty reds wont sleep in our beds!" and fires nuclear missiles at targets on american soil, in a horribly extreme case of "scorched earth".

In the original (haven't seen the remake) it did go nuclear. Mention is made of nukes used in the US and certainly in China.