Galactic Conquest anyone?

By TheDishRacktion, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

So can we make a big space map with planets have our armada's fly from planet to planet and take control of them by playing a imperial assault game, on them. And if the armada's run into each other there is an x-wing dogfight. Sounds Epic hey!

This is exactly what I am hoping for!

So can we make a big space map with planets have our armada's fly from planet to planet and take control of them by playing a imperial assault game, on them. And if the armada's run into each other there is an x-wing dogfight. Sounds Epic hey!

Why settle for a piddly little X-Wing dogfight when you can do a proper capital ship battle with Armada? :D

I would do it something like this,

Act 1 Battle for Tatooine, (can be any planet)

1st battle space, Play an armada game, use a planet from the attack wing to represent tatooine, they actually have a really nice desert planet i use.

Result: Winner gets +10 build points for 2knd battle of this arc.

2knd battle Dog Fight, (After the two fleets clash the loser still has fighters skittering around, send out your own fighters to hunt them down). Again use the AW planet to represent Tatooine, add asteroids, standard or epic map depending on how many points you guys want.
Result: Winner gets 1 extra open monster goup (using descent terminology as we dont know IA yet) or maybe extra unit or some cards, a small edge but nothing too major.

3rd Battle Ground Skirmish. Play Imperial Assault Skirmish Mode, (I can already see some desert terrain and for missions like this If you have descent you can mix and match.)

Result: Winner now controls that planet and gets more points if you play on to another planet, or end it here with a clear victor.

If continuing then move to next planet, Battles for say Hoth (AW also has an Ice Planet.) thn repeat as above!

Nice, Yagyu! I do like that a lot. But darnit, I really don't want to have to buy into Armada! lol

I am hoping they make a fourth game for bigger ground battles. As Armada is to X-Wing, this new game would be to Imperial Assault. They could use a revised version of BattleLore rules, but with the character-based activation from Battles of Westeros.

You could always just skip armada and just do the x-wing battle, then move into the ground assault.

And then after the ground assault do an epic escape with a transport or a corvette. With loser of the ground assault playing the epic ship

Edited by kuffdaddy

How about a Battlelore type game like the Assault on Hoth with miniature AT - ATs and squadrons of snow speeders that lead to an assault on echo base?

How about a Battlelore type game like the Assault on Hoth with miniature AT - ATs and squadrons of snow speeders that lead to an assault on echo base?

I'm off topic, but I think it's funny you mention BattleLore. From what I've read of the skirmish game, it seems to me like it will work very similar to BattleLore as far as drawing cards which are used to activate your units. The difference is that there are probably no section orders, but orders are all given by trait instead. I'm quite excited to see how it goes.

But yes, a BattleLore-style Assault on Hoth would be awesome.

They come up with an Assault on Hoth Battlelore game my wallet will turn to the dark side. :)