Play by post?

By Frosty71, in Dark Heresy Play By Mail/Email

Roll for initiative is 8 + 3(AB) = 11. I'll make additional rolls once the combat starts.

Caradoc lets slip a smile, "I'll enjoy telling this story."

-----

Don't worry about it. I'm sure everyone understands.

((Rolled 6 for initiative + 3 for a total of 9))

"For the Emporer!"

-----

Then I take my time...as I rolled a 2 + 3 = 5

And I do not have a problem with the slower speed.

Edited by Ripplo

Before the combat starts, how far away are we from the bodyguard? Also, will you roll damage or will we?

The guard is about 5 meters away.

The turn order will be Kylie, ThenDoctor, Bodyguard, and then Ripplo. I don't expect this encounter to even make it as far as the guard, to be honest.

And I have a great story for you guys: So on Wednesday we got this new water fountain for the cats and dogs, right? Well, it didn't feed the water properly and ultimately dump about a liter of water all over the computer room carpet. Come Friday and not only is the carpet still soaking wet, but it smells like a Catachan barking toad's rancid flatulence. We ended up having to rip out the entire carpet and call in the inquisition for exterminatus (aka Lysol disinfectant) on the afflicted area. This meant no computers in the room. Today the Imperial Guard reclaimed and recolonized (laid down new wooden flooring if you will). Anyway, that's how Nurgle attempted to assassinate me this week.

Edited by Frosty71

((Sounds absolutely lovely. I'm going to suppose you're alright with us rolling damage since you didn't mention it.))

Oh yeah, you should roll your own damage. I forgot about that. Never understood why the GM should ever be doing that, anyway.

Alright. Caradoc is using his Two Weapon Wielder talent to fire both autopistols.

First, a half action to aim.

Second, a half action to make a fully automatic attack with Caradoc's unmodified autopistol.

Rolled a 4(!)

Unmodified BS of 44

(-10 for using two weapons)

(+10 for short range)

(+10 for aiming)

(-10 for full auto burst)

Modified BS of 44 - 4 DoS - 5 hits (Body, Body, Arm, Head, Arm)

So... I just realized that I don't know that stats of the bodyguard and can't go further than this for the first attack.

Third, a free action to make a fully automatic attack with Caradoc's modified autopistol.

Rolled a 54

Unmodified BS of 44

(-10 for using two weapons)

(+10 for short range)

(+10 for aiming)

(-10 for full auto burst)

(+10 for red dot sight)

Modified BS of 54 - 1 hit (Body)

Again, this is as far as I can go without knowing stats.

-----

Oh unforeseen remodeling... at least you have hardwood now.

Edited by Kylie

The bodyguard is really just the Desoleum Bounty Hunter on page 385. The adventure delegates him to being little more than cannon fodder, really. I'm not going to bother having him dodge attacks at all, for that matter, since he is pretty much a dead duck no matter what he does :P

And I'm not sure if free actions can be used to fire guns. I mean, technically yes because they are very vague about the limitations of the free action, but it also says that you can't make two attack actions in the same turn. Which is good in the long run when you inevitably find yourself in front of a machine gun in Only War and don't have to worry about TWO full auto attacks.

((I think the free attack is the scoundrel's ability, I'm not at my book.))

As for the free attack issue, I was resolving my attack based on the rules governing the use of the Two Weapon Wielder talent on page 132 of the rulebook. The Desperado special rule is a move-and-shoot thing.

As for the attacks:

Body: 8(d10) + 2 - 6(SB+Ar) = 4 damage

Body: 10(d10) + 2 - 6(SB+Ar) = 6 damage | Righteous Fury 1(d5) = no effect

Arm: 9(d10) + 2 - 6(SB+Ar) = 5 damage

Head: 5(d10) + 2 - 4(SB+Ar) = 3 damage

Arm: 3(d10) + 2 - 6(SB+Ar) = 0 damage

Body: 4(d10) + 2 - 6(SB+Ar) = 0 damage

Total: 18 damage (bodyguard has 12 wounds)

Is he just dead, or are we using critical damage for him?

Also, sorry for my inexperience. This is my first game.

Edited by Kylie

Ah okay, that makes sense then. The problem with GMing all the time in so many different games is that rules can be so easily forgotten or confused. So he might as well just die at this point because he's going to be gibbed before his turn anyway.

------------------------

The guard stumbles and flinches dramatically just like the ED209 demonstration scene from Robocop as he is snuffed out by Carodoc's autoguns. The entry hall goes eerily silent as the ear splitting sounds die out, only the clink clank of rolling shell casings.

When I see the guard falling on the ground, I raise an eyebrow and slowly turn towards Caradoc."That is your way of taking prisoners? **** we have to secure the staff or they will warn Lans. I will try to subdue them, can you check the upper levels for the artifacts?" With that said, I move fast in the direction of the room, the sounds came from.

-----

Ah ok, I thought it would only need one half action to attack with both guns, not an additional free one. But Damage is reduced by TB not SB.

Mhos nods and begins to move up the stairs to the upper levels feeling that the artifacts are the highest priority with Lan's guard being out of the picture.

Caradoc follows Ferro to secure the staff members. "Forgive me for killing the man who pointed a gun at me!" he retorted sarcastically.

Kylie and Ripplo, you find a small group of servants fleeing into a doorway opposite the one you went through. In this room is a very long and elequent dining table set with some food. On the far side is a burning fireplace. A grandfather clock ticks.

ThenDoctor, on the next floor there are a number of regular looking doors, but one heavy double door made of old iron.

If anyone feels the need, the body guard is equipped with all the gear of a Desoleum Bounty Hunter in the core rulebook, so if you feel like grabbing some more items there ya go.

((Mhos doesn't generally loot corpses unless he's retrieving specific technology like from a theft.))

Up the stairs Mhos scans the area quickly for any heavier than normal security and finds the iron double door. Feeling that's the most prudent place to put illegal artifacts the approaches these doors.

He's going to scan the door first to see if there's anything odd, also using his Mechandrite to scan infared to see if the heat source they had seen before is radiating from behind the door.

((The infared one just happens, rolling Awareness +10 for mechandrite, dang rolled a 4 that means 5 DoS if I'm figuring this right))

Edited by ThenDoctor

Nothing is detected, and you are entirely sure that the door itself is thoroughly safe. However, a strange signature which is very unnatural is faintly bleeding through the door way on the infrared spectrum from somewhere inside the room. It may even be leaving signatures on other spectrums.

As soon as I see any staff members, I shout: "In the name of the Emperor freeze and surrender yourself and nothing will happen to you!" If someone tries to run, I will chase and tackle him.

----

Shall I roll an intimidation test?

Mhos carefully tries the handle of the door to see if it's unlocked.

Sensing that Ferro had the situation under control, Caradoc returns to the atrium and kneels over the body of his vanquished foe. Time being of the essence, he only takes the manacles from a pouch at the bodyguard's waist before following after Mhos.

The door to the room upstairs is unlocked.

All three of the servants stop at the door with hands above their heads.

You gain +1 manacles (insert Zelda sound effects here)

Mhos cracks the door open wide enough to fit his optical mechandrite through and looks in the room. ((just looks no scanning or anything.))

The study before you is a scene of chaos: Embossed books and fine quills are strewn about haphazardly, while parchment, ink, and a lamp have been knocked from the desk, leaving only a small black orb sitting atop it. Kneeling on the floor, a man in ripped and shredded finery screams and babbles incoherently as he claws at his own face - his lips are ripped to tatters, and blood streams from numerous cuts and tears across his face. Lying near him is a bloody letter opener and pulped white globs - his eyes.

Make a Fear (1) test for viewing this scene