Play by post?

By Frosty71, in Dark Heresy Play By Mail/Email

((This should be fun. I'll roll the test if I fail you can deal with the result. Fear (1) +0 Wp based off 29 Wp. Rolled 13 holy goodness.))

Mhos sees that this man is obviously no threat at this point. He had seen worse in the Medicae buildings where cybernetic implants were installed in tech adepts. He opens the door enough to let himself in and approaches the person. Not entirely sure how to proceed he walks over to the desk kicking the letter opener away from the sobbing mess. He may be useful later. He goes to set the lamp back upon it out of respect more than anything.

He scans the area now with his infared mode to see where the strange signs from earlier were coming from.

I assume, I have the staff under control as far as I can see? I will secure the staff as good as I can with manacles and ropes, if there are any. If there are none I use table cloth or curtain drawstrings. After I secured the staff, I would like to take a peak out of the window and look for Lans. (Tell me, when I am done with that^^)

The staff is too nervous to even speak, so they just go along with being tied up. Honestly, would you argue with random crazy burglers? You can't see anybody outside at all, except for some light traffic on the roads.

Meanwhile upstairs, as you draw closer to the man you notice he bears many of the features of Lans, minus eyeballs. The orb is clearly the source of all the infrared signatures, among other signatures.

((I'll let caradoc get a post in of him arriving.))

Fear test: WP=31; Roll=17; 1 DoS

Adrenaline coursing through his veins, Caradoc is unfazed by the grisly sight. Noting the sphere on the desk, he wonders aloud, "Is that another artifact? Did it put this man in such a state?" Fearing a similar fate, Caradoc reigns in his curiosity and does not touch it.

He looks at the wretched man on the ground, "Are you alright?" The answer clearly being in the negative, Caradoc attempts to restrain the man to prevent him from further harming himself. (An opposed strength test?)

"In order, yes no and yes." ((Mhos didn't realize he was asking Lans if he was ok.

Wondering what to do with the artifact, "Questioningly, where is the box containing the other piece acquired? Truthfully I feel we should store this as soon as possible to lower the chance of contamination."

Either of you two may make a +20 Psiniscience test on the orb. Also, the other artifact was stuffed in a toolbox in Ripplo's possession I believe. When/if Ripplo's character comes to the room he can make the tests too.

Well, then I join my fellow comrades. I still have the toolbox, as we had no time to transfer it, if I am right?

(WP 32 +0, rolled 13, 1 DoS) My faith in the Emperor is strong!

-----

When I enter the room, the aroma of blood announces that something bad awaits me. When I turn around the corner, I see the disfigured human. Caradoc finished just restraining him. When my view meets the one of the eyeballs an urge to throw up forms in my stomach, but I can fight it down. Still I raise a hand in front of my mouth to protect me from the stench as well as to prevent myself from throwing up.

"What in the name of the Emperor happened here? Is this Lans?! How is that possible, if we just saw him leave a few minutes ago?"

As soon as Mhos wants the toolbox, I hand it over to him and keep a save distance.

Psiniscience Test: WP=31(-20 for untrained, +20 for test difficulty) Roll=37; Failure

((Well lets give this a go. WP 29. +0 overall. Rolled 10, 2 DoS. WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?! little backstory, generally I struggle to roll anything under 50.))

Even through his mechanical components Mhos feels a connection with this thing of eldritch origin. Like a third sight of perception opens through his optical mechandrite. The others see the lens's colors begin shifting through it's available selection.

Mhos discovers that it is very very very very Warp tainted.

----

Yay, I finally got a decent job with plenty of hours! I'll try to keep checking back when I can.

((I really want to see their reactions to Mhos's little trance before I reply. Gratz on the job!))

Edited by ThenDoctor

Still a little disgruntled by the sight, I notice the changes in Mhos' lens, while he looks at the artifact. "Mhos, is everything alright?" My voice sounds alarmed. I step closer to him, to see if I can do anything and might pull him away, if he does not react soon.

---

Yes, congratulations ,)

In his ignorance of the ways of the servants of the Omnissiah, Caradoc is simply amused at the range of colors emitted by the lens of Mhos's mechandrite. "Have you found anything?"

-----

Congrats! Sorry, I hadn't realized that there was a 14th page and kept checking the 13th instead.

((Happens))

His optic stutters essentially as he snaps out of the trance.

"Truthfully, I'm frightened. Factually this is incredibly tainted...the box...please put it in the box." Mhos states shakily as he internally realizes the price that curiosity can bring.

Ferro takes on all his courage and whispers: "May the Emperor protect my soul!" Then he takes out the box. He is relucant to touch this vile object. You can see he thinks about using his shock maul to push it in the box. Then he just grabs it with his free hand and puts it in the box as fast as he can and slams the box shut.

"What is going on here? How is it possible that Lans is here and not outside? Shall we take him with us to interrogate him further or shall we question him right here?"

---

Sorry for the delay, I did not realize that my action was needed.

"Truthfully, we should extract him. Factually, it likely won't be long until a servant gets the courage to call for help."

"Good, I will bind him.Then we will retreat from this place through the vine cellar." I look for some clothes I can take to tie him. I want to gag him, too. If he can walk, I hold him with my left hand on his arm and guide him. If he cannot, I will carry him over the shoulder.

-----

Are we still on? Shall we maybe invit new players?

((Not sure, I believe our GM might be caught up with his new job. I suggest hibernation until either Kylie or he post.))