Mara jade

By Winger5, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Who here would like to have a mara jade expansation it would be cool cuase u could use her for both empire and rebellion

During the time where this game is set, she was the Emperor Hand so, I don't think she would be included as part of the rebellion.

I think she'd be good for this game, but as mentioned above, she'd be Imperial only. The reason she is a good choice is that Mara never meets Luke until after the Emperor is dead (or rather, Luke never meets Mara until that time). But in this game, Luke and company are not the main heroes. This gives FFG a lot of room to write her into a story where she's trying to stop the heroes.

Bur then, since Mara is part of Legends now, I suppose continuity may not matter as much.

They already have plenty of artwork with her, so it seems likely.

I will be very surprised if Mara Jade, the Emperor's Hand, is not an Imperial villain ally expansion. The Rebels have a wealth of characters from the OT which can be converted into allies, but FFG will need to resort to the EU pretty quickly to keep the Imperials on par. Mara Jade is arguably the single best candidate for an EU Imperial ally given her massive popularity and her role within the Empire during the timeframe of this game.

Edited by TheTuninator

Mara Jade is considered the most popular Expanded Universe character for Star Wars (in fact, there was an article that LucasArts wrote some time ago listing the top ten fan favorite Star Wars characters. Mara Jade was the only EU character that made the list). Fantasy Flight made it clear early on in the Card Game that they were interested in using her in the game (Hand's Blessing) and now we have two versions of her and a lot of support. I imagine we'll see Dash Rendar, Jeric, Xizor and others. Heck, Jodo Kast would be a lot of fun to see.

But I think Mara Jade is a given.

Mara Jade is considered the most popular Expanded Universe character for Star Wars (in fact, there was an article that LucasArts wrote some time ago listing the top ten fan favorite Star Wars characters. Mara Jade was the only EU character that made the list). Fantasy Flight made it clear early on in the Card Game that they were interested in using her in the game (Hand's Blessing) and now we have two versions of her and a lot of support. I imagine we'll see Dash Rendar, Jeric, Xizor and others. Heck, Jodo Kast would be a lot of fun to see.

and I-88.

Edited by zwara81

and I-88.

Definitely, since IG-88 and Carnor Jax are confirmed from the Team Covenant video.

Mara Jade is considered the most popular Expanded Universe character for Star Wars (in fact, there was an article that LucasArts wrote some time ago listing the top ten fan favorite Star Wars characters. Mara Jade was the only EU character that made the list).

Wow, I had no idea! Very impressive. Shame she probably won't appear in the new movies. If any EU character should make it in, it's Mara.

Mara Jade is considered the most popular Expanded Universe character for Star Wars (in fact, there was an article that LucasArts wrote some time ago listing the top ten fan favorite Star Wars characters. Mara Jade was the only EU character that made the list).

Wow, I had no idea! Very impressive. Shame she probably won't appear in the new movies. If any EU character should make it in, it's Mara.

Yes 100%. But I'd also love to see Grand Admiral Thrawn! He would be a supremely intriguing nemesis/bad guy/mastermind.

Yes 100%. But I'd also love to see Grand Admiral Thrawn! He would be a supremely intriguing nemesis/bad guy/mastermind.

I don't have much hope for Thrawn appearing onscreen, but I do think he has a good chance of being namedropped at the very least. He wouldn't really need anything more to be brought into the official canon. Mara, on the other hand, is more of an all-or-nothing affair given her relationship with Luke.

I'll be very disappointed if absolutely nothing from the Thrawn trilogy makes it into the new canon. It's a phenomenal Star Wars story, and deserves some kind of continuing recognition.

I don't have much hope for Thrawn appearing onscreen, but I do think he has a good chance of being namedropped at the very least. He wouldn't really need anything more to be brought into the official canon. Mara, on the other hand, is more of an all-or-nothing affair given her relationship with Luke.

I'll be very disappointed if absolutely nothing from the Thrawn trilogy makes it into the new canon. It's a phenomenal Star Wars story, and deserves some kind of continuing recognition.

I agree 100%. Actually, it was through reading the Thrawn trilogy that my imagination was drawn back into the Star Wars universe again.

I have actually bought the trilogy and duology as audio books to listen to in the car and at work. Just love them, need to see Mara and Talon. Would also like to see the vornskyrs and ysalarmi to make things interesting!

Yeah paused on the book from the video you can definitely see the words carnor jax while hes describing him. Pretty cool and most likely a villian pack coming up eventually. Until then i will have to use my Shadow guard wotc mini for him.

Edited by yagyu

If Mara Jade shows up, I wouldn't expect her to be who she was. With the new movies coming out, she may not exist as we know her.

Considering when the new movies take place vs the era this game will take place, I don't think it is much of an issue.

It is not just an issue of when the new movies take place, but what the plot entails. The new movies have expunged the EU. It is up in the air as to if Luke gets married.

Will Mara fans be okay with Luke courting a 50-60 year old Mara? What about Luke and a 20-30 year old Mara? What if Mara is not an imperial? Will she have the same fanbase if her character is rewritten?

At this point i do not think we will see Mara in the movies, Unless she is Imperial and does not in anyway get romantically involved with luke. I actually suspect Luke will die by the end of episode 9 if not sooner

Edited by yagyu

Sorry if this is off topic but if this game is set at a specific time point in relation to the movies doesn't that hurt the potential for expansion or at least limit it? Im not familiar with games like descent but do you think they can easily make a small expansion that is set in a different time period story wise so that we can get a wider range of characters?...maybe even old republic characters.

Depends on your view. The time around the Rebellion era is amazingly diverse, with plenty of options. It hasn't hurt the LCG at all.

And based on the other games FFG has, we won't be seeing anything outside that era.