Twisted Fates

By cailus2, in Fan Fiction

A few years ago I started a 40k RPG Campaign, with the intention to start players using Black Crusade characters for the 1st Act, then change to Rogue Trader characters for the 2nd Act and for the final Act players would as a group choose which faction they would like to use for the finale. I would weave the story on my on fiction and incorporate FFG scenarios as well as events from previous Warhammer 4o,ooo campaigns revolving around my Word Bearers. Ultimately, the players would be pitted against their previous characters!

Unfortunately the number of players for the 1st Act dropped to 3 and we have yet to finish the first Act - we only need another session thankfully and this includes resolving part 2 of the Hand of Corruption campaign (not going ahead with the Necron part) - this being a task given to the Black Crusade characters by the Word Bearers.

I started Act 2 with the 3 players and managed to get 3 others involved and this has been going off without a hitch.

Interestingly, the Rogue Trader players are very conniving - there is so much intrigue between them all that the main story is just a background - this is fantastic!

The Rogue Trader is small fry - the young dynasty passed onto him by his dead father. He is young, somewhat unhinged and eager to find out about the events around his family's death (warp incursion). Meanwhile his mentor, a "friend"of the family (the Senechal) plots to turn the Rogue Trader to his own ends. The Rogue Trader has fallen for a naive girl and the Senechal fears that this might not be in his best interests, so now has ordered a hit on the woman!

Meanwhile, a survivor they picked from an ice planet has Necrophage, the need to eat raw meat and this has in many cases led to eating dead humans in secret. In a recent session he failed his WP test after the Adeptus Mechanicus player lost his arm and fell unconscious - the survivor gobbled up the arm!

You can read the write ups here - although many of the players' secrets are left unsaid: http://lgc.bringthatstuffon.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3442