Dothraki Vanguard + Riders of the Red Fork

By agohorst, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

Hi!

Simple Question: Can I put Riders of the Red Fork into play by the effect of the Dothraki Vanguard?

[RotRF: "While Riders of the Red Fork is in your deck, it meets the criteria to be found by any search effect."

DV: "Response: After you play Dothraki Vanguard from your hand, reveal the top 5 cards of your deck. You may put 1 revealed Dothraki character into play. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck."]

(I'm wondering because in the comment section on agotcards.org it is stated that is works and in the comment section on cardgamedb.com that is does not. Both undisputed. Now, I believe that the former has the slightly more active community (making false statements less likely) while I find the reason given on cardgamedb more appealing (--> revealing cards =/= search effect).)

TIA!!!

Edited by agohorst

I don't see a reason why you can't? You can bring them with Luwin, Maege, Jeyne, At The Gates without a problem and they all search for different things in a different way.

Ah, but Luwin, Maege, Jeyne and At The Gates all use the word "search." Dothraki Vanguard does not.

Dothraki Vanguard cannot "find" the Riders and put them into play. Cardgamedb's reason is correct: Since DV does not use the word "search," it is not a search effect - and because it is not a search effect, it therefore does not meet the requirements in the text of Riders of the Red Fork.

agotcards.org may be the more active community, but the format makes it easier for comments listed in the discussion under individual cards to go unnoticed by large sections of the community. Heck, in many of those threads, the same question is asked and answered several times because people don't go back and read the previous comments very often.

Thanks for the input ktom.