Just who am I recquisitioning from, anyway?

By Frosty71, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

So the new recquisition rules, whether you like them or not being another discussion, don't seem to add a lot of clarity as to where your items are coming from. Specifically, am I on the spacephone with my inquisitor and asking him to send things to me via spacemail? Is it like communism, where I go to some kind of distribution center and ask nicely? The rules as written almost make it sound like you are talking to some random merchant and hoping that he respects you enough to give you something for nothing.

The rules are intentionally vague on the specifics so you can describe how your character acquires the items. Say your character is looking to buy a boltgun. A noble might drop the names of important family members to gain access to military hardware, then dip into his deep pockets to purchase the weapon. A character with criminal connections would instead arrange for the weapon to go "missing" from a shipment and pick it up from a smuggler in return for a big bundle of thrones (all unmarked bills, naturally). An Arbitrator Acolyte could meet an old comrade in a bar and collect the well-worn weapon as a favor for that one time he saved his buddy's life back in the Traxis Magna riots. Basically, whatever you can dream up that sounds plausible. Have fun with it :)

It's the same concept behind the old dark heresy not saying specifically to whom you are paying thrones to. It just depends on what you're trying to get and where you are.

Acolytes 'R us

Acolytes 'R us

"Stop by for our end-of-season sale! If our prices were any lower, they'd be heretical! And remeber, we've got a load of new gear coming in next month, so everything must be purged!"

040503.gif

:P

noise marine : "what do you mean? those half naked self-mutilating chainsword chicks aren't on our side?"

daemonette: "i know, right? that one dualwielding those whips really looks like she'd fit right in with us!"

slaaneshi cultists 1 trough 5 : *drooool*

slaaneshi cultist 6 *runs at mistress of repentance* "oooh whip me misstres whip me! aaargh!"

sisters repentia: FOR THE EMPEROR!!!

noise marine : "what do you mean? those half naked self-mutilating chainsword chicks aren't on our side?"

daemonette: "i know, right? that one dualwielding those whips really looks like she'd fit right in with us!"

slaaneshi cultist 6 *runs at mistress of repentance* "oooh whip me misstres whip me! aaargh!"

What does this have to do with shopping?

What does this have to do with shopping?

The comic Lynata posted with the two chicks dressed only in purity seals made think of the sisters repentia. (who are battle sisters dressed only in purity seals)