FFG, PLEASE learn from WotC's Star Wars Miniatures mistakes!

By Stormtrooper721, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Well said. I have come to respect and appreciate FFG's passion for the games they make, and I fully agree that their past performance bodes very well for the future of this game.

still cant wait for IA! I have faith in FFG to put out an awesome experience for us.

Its interesting that the Descent dice mechanic has become such a mainstay. Even the RPG is a greater detailed version of the Descent engine. Frankly I dont care what the meta-minded crowd with their absolutaly never ending critiscism says, the FFG Star Wars line as a whole is a lifelong SW fans dream come true and even if the games stunk (and they definetly do not) I would still throw my cash at each and every one of them. So far the minis are awesome, the books are spectacular the cards are GORGEOUS, probably the hands down nicest quality Star Wars collector products ever produced.

Its interesting that the Descent dice mechanic has become such a mainstay. Even the RPG is a greater detailed version of the Descent engine. Frankly I dont care what the meta-minded crowd with their absolutaly never ending critiscism says, the FFG Star Wars line as a whole is a lifelong SW fans dream come true and even if the games stunk (and they definetly do not) I would still throw my cash at each and every one of them. So far the minis are awesome, the books are spectacular the cards are GORGEOUS, probably the hands down nicest quality Star Wars collector products ever produced.

Absolutely. FFG has been a godsend to the Star Wars community.

High quality products. Reasonable prices. Well thought out game mechanics and balance.

If only they had been in charge of the prequals.../sigh.

The only complaint I have is the number of products.

EvR, IA, X-Wing, Armada, Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, the LCG, Force and Destiny, dice bags.

Takes a second job just to keep up with everything!

High quality products. Reasonable prices. Well thought out game mechanics and balance.

EvR, IA, X-Wing, Armada, Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, the LCG, Force and Destiny, dice bags.

Yeah, I'm still having the discussion with myself concerning which lines get purchased and which get skipped. Downside of the perpetual expansion model, I guess. Only so much money.

Edited by GMmL

Here's the thing that is pulling me toward Imperial Assault: it is a much more complete experience than Armada. Of course, I'm not getting this game for the skirmish mode, but for the board game mode.

Not to mention the fact that Imperial Assault can include more people than Armarda. I don't really need another 2-player Star Wars game. Imperial Assault will be great when the extended family gets together.

Yeah, I'm still having the discussion with myself concerning which lines get purchased and which get skipped. Downside of the perpetual expansion model, I guess. Only so much money.

Very true, but FFG has one thing going for it that other companies don't. They avoid blind boosters. No having to buy cases to get everything, no purchasing boxes of the same stuff over and over hoping for a different result.

FFG products may be expensive, but they are high quality and there isn't a gamble with it.