45 plastic pieces! Woo Hoo!!

By Ruvion, in Chaos in the Old World

And here I was thinking that certain restriction in the license agreement with Games Workshop prevented FFG from producing any GW licensed games with plastic pieces. Glad I was wrong.

Dials reminds me of BSG for some reason, but with Mr. Lang at the helm I can trust that it will be somewhat CCGish (that is variable powers). I hope.

...Why do I get the feeling that this game is like Pandemic with a touch of Age of Empires III, but in the viewpoint of the virus??

I was wondering that myself, hopefully GW won't use this as an excuse to pull the license...

I'm guessing they see a difference between "playing pieces" and miniatures. If you look at the pictures of the pieces included in the game, they're not full-body miniatures, but more like busts, only depicting the characters from the waist and up.

Ralzar said:

I'm guessing they see a difference between "playing pieces" and miniatures. If you look at the pictures of the pieces included in the game, they're not full-body miniatures, but more like busts, only depicting the characters from the waist and up.

I'm thinking this is right on point.

The press release for the FFG/GW alliance was pretty specific that FFG would not be making any games "in which miniatures feature as the predominant component of the game"

I read that as meaning that games like Space Hulk (which is specifically mentioned) where each miniature counts as one guy and they are all in scale to each other are "miniatures games" and can only be made by GW. Games like Talisman or Chaos in the Old World where each miniature is a counter that represents something but there aren't any scale measurements or ranges or line of sight rules or whatever are "board games" and will be published by FFG.

Just a quick note about this. GW, just like every licensor, approves everything we do. You will not see any licensed product from us that has not been approved by the licensor beforehand. I hope that clears things up a bit.

See you on the battlefield,

Steve Horvath

Ralzar said:

Innsmouth,ME Quest now this,can't I just send FFG my wallet & be done with it?This may be a new way to use my Chaos GW figs.

OD

FFGSteve said:

Just a quick note about this. GW, just like every licensor, approves everything we do. You will not see any licensed product from us that has not been approved by the licensor beforehand. I hope that clears things up a bit.

See you on the battlefield,

Steve Horvath

Hey! Someone from FFG is actually here on the fora! After just posting a day or two ago that I had never seen anyone official post here! Thank you, Steve Horvath! I nominate you for employee of the month! Maybe you can respond to my Blood Bowl thread I started on the General Forum in the Crystal Ball section...

Old Dwarf said:

Innsmouth,ME Quest now this,can't I just send FFG my wallet & be done with it?This may be a new way to use my Chaos GW figs.

OD

Sounds like a great way to use your Chaos figures, especially if you have them all painted up.

I could send FFG my wallet, but right now it's only got a few bucks in it...But if that would get me a lifetime supply of games, sign me up too!

Old Dwarf said:

OD

If they keep this up I might be doing the same OD! LOL!