2009 Canadian National Championships - Live Feed

By Antigoth, in UFS Tourney Reports

Thanx for the dedication to updates Brian.

Just one thing, I DON'T RUN TURN IT ON, I run other draw cards (see detailed report soon to come)... But yeah, I guess it is a similar concept. If there is one name for it, it should be the 'Mirage' deck, becuase turn it on is bleh.

- dut

ps. SOS has dual meaning to me - at least though, the tourney software uses a 'real' measure for determining tiebreaks. Ideally, tiebreaks themselves will be the decider... (or wins against specific characters, and not how good the players you beat do later on, is worked into things - i..e you have that last bit of control over your final placement and things aren't thrown to the wind all willy nilly like)

Your report lies :P .

I did not roll you considering it went to time (well we had an extra minute because you ruled on something) but yes I did beat you 2-0. It was still pretty grueling on my side because I had to contend with Calming the Mind every single turn. Honestly at this point it really didn't matter. However I will claim that I failed more than you and you will see why after I post my report which will have to do with everything but the tournament itself.

And due to popular demand the Top 8 Decklists are finally posted.

http://www.teamcanadaonline.net/index.php?page=215

~~~

Dut -

Yeah sorry about calling it "Turn it on Alex" - I thought folks would understand that better then Mirage Alex.

Regarding Strength of Schedule - I've seen length discussions, and multiple different ways of counting it.

I've seen where you only get points for the people that you beat, I've seen average systems, nothing's perfect.

What I hate with SoS, is if you face someone who drops after round 1 or two because of diversity breaks, boredom, etc. you get hosed. (Or you face someone who listened to really bad advice.)

~~~

Hat -

It was gruling for you until I stopped drawing attacks. At that point, you just got build and dance on my head, which is all bad.

As for how you failed at the rest of the event - I'm sure that's an epic tale.