Players in Amsterdam - Netherlands

By Konx, in CoC Off Topic

Hi!

My name is Francesco, and I'm (obviously) a CoC player :)

I'm italian, but next week I'll move to Amsterdam (Netherland) for 4 years to begin doing a Ph.D.

Are there any players? Or places where I could play (shop, I guess)?

Thanks for help :)

Konx.

Hi!

Yeah, I'm in the general area of Amsterdam. If you want to play you can mail me at marius -at- rlyeh.nl.

I also live near Amsterdam.

I am also a CoC player in the netherlands. I am having issue find someone to play with and finding the new extensions.

Anyone up for a game?

I sell Asylum Packs on eBay for 9,95 euro each, but as I am located in the Netherlands, the shipping costs for Dutch customers are only 1,32 euro. (which is a flat fee, regardless of how many Packs you buy)

If you life near Amsterdam you can also save on shipping by picking up the Asylum Packs yourself (bring a Deck!)

My Asylum Packs can be found by searching for "Cthulhu LCG Asylum Pack" on the Dutch eBay site.

Hello Fellow CoC players from Netherlands!

just ta quick note to let you know that we decide to set-up a tourney during the annual gaming event in LIEGE (Luik), Belgium, on the week-end of the 30-oct, 31-oct and 01-Nov. Usually, the gathering which is name International Rendez-vous, is already a great place to be if you want to play many sort of games (boardgames, card games like Dominion or Race for the Galaxy, miniatures, dexterity games, etc). Important : the entrance is free and the Cthulhu tourney will be free too! But there will be a lot of prizing! Even more importantly, we hope to see some French players from Paris, amongst them Dadajef. I will translate and post soon the official link to the programme on the Organized play section. Stay tuned!

Publish

hi to all fellows in belgium and the netherlands. have you seen the info about the tourney weekend at castle stahleck (11-13)? hope to meet you there!!

Hi Konx et all,

realising that the last post is almost a year old, i'll still respond to it, for you as much as for for any other lurkers who might be interested.

As noted above, there's a few people from the Amsterdam region that regularly post on this forum (boosterdraft & marius).

Myself, I'm from the eastern region (Nijmegen / Arnhem), and i play there with a friend, who also lurks around in this virtual dimension. His name here is jormungandr.

Lfx is also from the Neths, though i'm not sure about his whereabouts.

Anyway, a few more people and we've acquired critical mass for a small tourney ! :-)

- Thomas

Yup,

Just like investigator I hail from the south/eastern part of the netherlands.

When a tourney is being organized, I can perhaps drum up 1 or 2 more people with

whom I sometimes play.

Regards,

Jormungandr

Hello dutch players & players from from closely-abroad,

since there's some dutch presence here on the forums, some of them looking for players or gaming opportunities, and since both the Liege & Stahleck tournaments still require some extensive travelling (at least, for me, player on a budget and with not tons of time to spare, too extensive), i thougt it could be nice to organize a friendly, get-to-know-each-other CoC-LCG tournament.

I have an adequate, cheap (read: free) location in Arnhem (east in the Netherlands, near the German border) at my disposal with a max. capacity of around 20-24 persons, where you can (and are encouraged) to bring your own foods, beverages, servitor cloaks & black candles.

So, there it is:

Tournament: RE-ANIMATING THE NETHER-LANDS
Date: Somewhere on a saturday or sunday late november ? (not to conflict with the Liege & Staheck tournaments from october)
Format: To avoid any bannings (like used in the Liege's tournament), while still being able to appeal both to the hardcore competative player who wants to play his dogs+steps+birds deck, as well as to the more casual player who wants to try out his deep-ones deck, i thought a 'multi-deck format' could be adequate. With multi-deck here i mean that players play over several rounds, switching decks every round, with the additional rule that a player cannot use a certain card(title) in more than one round. Any card(title) you use in a given round, cannot be used again by you in future rounds (so you can bring your doggie deck, but are only able to play it 1 round, can play your seventy steps / magabirds, but should think about whether to use all the hardcore stuff in 1 deck, or spread it out over multiples etc, and are challenged to think about nice strategies without the ability to predict the metagame too much).
Ranking: This will largely depend on the number of players, and the time-limit of rounds. Games i play usually last around 30 minutes. Doing 2 out of 3 every round against 1 opponent sounds nice, so maybe 1.5 hrs each round, going 3 or 4 rounds + finals is feasable ? Or 45 minute rounds of 1 game per opponent makes for more diversity if there's enough attendence, but may pull a strain on the multi-deck idea ... Maybe best out of 2 (with the possibility to end in a draw, for 1 hr each round might be best... I have no experience in CoC tournaments, so suggestions are welcome ... !
Price Support: Either none for a free tournament, or, depending on player-turnout, for a small attendence fee, like E 2,- per player, i could organise some small prices for finalists ? Again, this really depends on attendee's preferences. As long as i know beforehand, things can be arranged !

So, if you're interested, would like to come, and have suggestions for dates, for the format, for the ranking, price support, or have in any other way usefull comments on the way the tournament could / should be organised, please let me know by responding below or sending me a pm !

Hi.

Definitely interested! But only if the period is, as you said, in November (late November even better!).

About the format: for me it is fine almost everything. 1hour and 30minutes it is definitely too much. I would say 40-50 minutes round and only 1 game per round. I don't know how many players you expect, but if number_of_players < 10 it would be definitely possible that everyone plays against (almost) all the others. It depends when you want to start (morning or afternoon).

Prizes support: only if you have the possibility to have something nice; I mean, offering AP as prize is not really cool (I'm supposing here that a players that play in a tournament has all the cards, given the LCG format). So, if you can get something like cthulhu tokens/pin, or some personalized domains (maybe because you know someone who could do the art on the domains) or stuff like that I have no problems in paying a fee. Otherwise, keep it free. (I could try to get some copies of signed cards/art/whatever at Stahleck, so maybe we can use that stuff as prizes).

Last suggestion: when you have defined everything, open a new post in "Organized play" :)

bye

Konx.

Hey There,

Also, most interested! I'd settle for 40-50 mins a round and no 2/3. For prizes,: it's always possible to pimp some draintokens or think of other HPL-related goodness. At the end off the day, it's all 'bout good clean fun.

Well, my heart is filled with joy now that I've found some players. I'm mainly playing Warhammer: Invasion, but I want to start playing CoC. Are you guys still playing or has this all died out? And maybe we can meet somewhere in Amsterdam sometimes, just to play some games. A friend of mine would also like to learn and play, so maybe we can combine this...

jf82 said:

Well, my heart is filled with joy now that I've found some players. I'm mainly playing Warhammer: Invasion, but I want to start playing CoC. Are you guys still playing or has this all died out? And maybe we can meet somewhere in Amsterdam sometimes, just to play some games. A friend of mine would also like to learn and play, so maybe we can combine this...

Hi!

We are still alive and active :)

I'm trying to setup the NL regionals using the kit provided by FFG and we also meet for casual play&testing.

The number of players seems to be increasing at small steps and so I'm positive about the future :D

There is a group that is setup to organize events/meetings called Living Card games Nederland and you can find it here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lcgnl

You can contact me here on the forum or join the group!

bye

Konx/Francesco

HI,

I'm also interested in joining the event. Is it still on the agenda?