RENOWN ICON VOTE: Round Two

By JCHendee, in Talisman Home Brews

So here we are with votes tabulated (3 points for 1st choice, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd.) If I counted any wrong, let me know... if it makes a critical change.

10,1,3 - 7,4,10 - 8 - 10,3,5 - 7,4,6 - 10 - 3,10,9 - 2,5,9

#1 : 2
#2 : 3
#3 : 6
#4 : 4
#5 : 3
#6 : 1
#7 : 6
#8 : 3
#9 : 2
#10 : 10

So the top 3 are #3, #6, and #10. Here they are again with a little quick and dirty effects. Colors may change. Once again, list these three in your order of preference. That's right, all three number in your choice of order. We'll give it another week, and that'll be it. (In the interrim, I am still trying to get some more spells finished and research some for the Great City expansion... but also writing a new novel, so it may take some time.)

Renown_Icons_2.jpg

Hmmm.... it's interesting how the addition of a splash of colour can radically alter something.

I am torn between 3 and 10 now for top spot. 3 because of the connection with trees and the Earth, 10 because it reminds me of a lily and tranquility.

I think I will go for 3 , 10 and 7 , as the first design is more simplistic and fits better with the icons for Good and Evil.

It would also be 3, 10, 7 for me : the tree shape is slithly better in order to differentiate neutral from others alignments at first sight for the common player (without RPG background).

Tag.

My vote is:

I like 10, 3, 7!

Er..... Blurgedhyboo! (I needed more text ;) ).

With a night passed... I think I'm leaning with Jon's reasoning overall. I really like the look of 7, but in a small token versus an Alignment card it is going to look mushed. 10 might have the same problem to a lesser degree, but...

3... 10... 7

And, while we're at it, feel free to add comments about color, hue, staturation mixes, etc. as considerations.

Seeing as I didn't pick any of those first time round, am not sure my opinion is valid but I would also say 3..10..7

I know it has only been a few days on round two, but the outcome is looking pretty obvious. Here are the vote points so far...

3,10,7... 3,10,7... 3,7,10... 10,3,7... 3,10,7...3,10,7

#3: 18
#7: 7
#10: 12

So... I'll call it as final. #3 is now the official symbol for Neutral in all my expansions. I'll be converting it for use in Renown tokens for the future Great City deck. As time permits, I will attempt to produce an Alignment card of similar style to the standard ones, previewing here on the forum for citique.

Of course, as a one sided card, it will possibly need a back of some kind. Or should its front and back be the same?

Personally, I don't like the new flip Alignment card approach and would have preferred separate ones with a common shared back. Our group occassional plays a "secret alignment" rule where players choose alignments at the beginning of a game and the only way to know another's alignment is in special encounter rules or observing what happens in certain drawn events and strangers.

Except now I've introduced a new spell that makes it a little trickier to be certain... see the In the Balance, Part 3 topic