Newbie questions: Objective Damage, Resource Costs, Comiting Exhausted Cards to the Force?

By starlord2, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

i have a few questions,

1.When engaging an objective, can I use Unit damage Icons and Tactics icons to deal damage. for ex: can a Death Star Trooper with a Unit Damage Icon deal one damage to a Light Side Objective?

2. When you use cards with effects that say "during an engagement, play this unit from your hand" such as Backstabber and "If you win a edge battle play this unit from your hand" such as HUman Replica Droid, can you play those cards from your hand WITHOUT paying the resource cost?

3. Can you commit Exhausted cards to the Force during Force phase?

Thanks,

Starlord

1. No. You bring guys with unit damage and tactics along to deal with the opposition. You need guys with bombs to actually damage with the objective. Although there's always the unopposed bonus.

2. this one's tricky. "play" means you're playing the card normally, just at an usual time, and have to pay the full deploy cost. Ackbar may be "played" during an engagement and you would have to pay 3 resources to do so. "Put into play" ignores deploy cost and you get the units out on the cheap. Human Replica Droid may be "put into play" after you win an edge battle and it would cost you no resources to do so.

3. Yes, you can commit exhausted unit, although only ready units would count their dots towards the force struggle. You might commit an exhausted unit to protect it from Force Storm or your own My Ally Is the Force. And of course you could always commit an exhausted unit to ready it with May the Force Be With You. I hear that's popular.