Card Sleeves for CE

By morespam, in Cosmic Encounter

Hi all,

Just a quick one, has anyone sleeved their CE cards? I don't normally do it but I am finding after just 10-12 games that the cards are starting to become a bit frayed.

The card size (as I have measured) seems to be 89mmx57mm.

(Yugioh sleeves seem to be the closest match atm that I can find).

Thanks.

Yes I have noticed this to.

After about 30 games or something, the cards are getting greasy and sticky. Even though were pretty strikt about not having salty snax and stuff around games.

Is there anyawy to get new cards in case these would get ruined.

Another thing that i discovered is that the flares dont get that greasy as the other cards. Becouse they are not in every game.

So when collecting compensation you could accually feel wich cards are flares and wich are not :) .

But the feeling thing where considered cheeting right away :)

I think I replied to your post over a BGG as well, but in a nutshell I mentioned you could try the Euro sized sleeves, they are 59mm x 92mm, so about 1mm on each side, but I cut the extra off the top so it fits well there. You can find them at Boards and Bits for $1.68 for a 100 pack. They are under the Accessories section as "Euro Card Sleeves - 100 pack".

The japanese card game sleeve are just a hair to short, not a big deal if all you are doing is protecting your cards. Since we have been adding homebrew and older powers into the game we needed something that would hide the whole card so you couldn't tell which were official cards and which were the homebrew flares etc. I've found that the standard "magic the gathering" card sleeves work fine. Dragon Shields and Pro somethings are long lasting and handle frequent playing. They range about 6 to 10 dollars a 100 pack.

The card sleeving guide in the support section says that the GREEN card sleeves work.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/ffg-supply/PDF/ffg-supplies-guide.pdf

But I ordered the same size card sleeves - 56x87mm from Mayday Games and they didn't fit in the least. Sure, I went the cheap route, but that shouldn't be TOO different.

So I am a bit worried about ordering the FFG version of the Standard American Card sleeves (again 56x87mm) from the store here - despite what they say. Has anyone used these sleeves to know if they work or not?

Bael

An update. I found out that the Mayday USA Chimera (NOT the mini-Chimera) are supposed to fit the Cosmic Encounter cards. Unfortunately Mayday is all out of stock.

Fortunately ThoughtHammer has these sleeves and they are also accepting pre-orders for the CE expansion at a sale price... so guess what I did to save on shipping...

Bael