Music

By Saccharin, in UFS Off Topic

Rrrrrright, whatever you say. Either way if you're going to belittle people for their tastes in music do it to your own tastes and not other peoples, short of that just stfu and gtfo.

1.2..3...Zebra said:

Roxas said:

Rrrrrright, whatever you say. Either way if you're going to belittle people for their tastes in music do it to your own tastes and not other peoples, short of that just stfu and gtfo.

You really are ******* retarded. I belittled your knowledge of genres, not tastes in music. You really have to be the dumbest person I've talked to.

Yes because calling Metal ****** wasn't belitting it at all dumbass

Roxas said:

1.2..3...Zebra said:

Roxas said:

You really are ******* retarded. I belittled your knowledge of genres, not tastes in music. You really have to be the dumbest person I've talked to.

Yes because calling Metal ****** wasn't belitting it at all dumbass

I replaced the word metal with the word ******. Meaning that it is not longer the word metal, but therefore implying that you listen to ****** music.

So then i would have to listen to the music that you do.......sorry but I listen to good music.

as a long time good friend of Roxas, I have to say that belittling his taste in music is nothing short of complete stupidity and lack of common sence. Everyone has unique tastes of music and I love all kinds of music. I like music from A7X and Disturbed to especially The Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, and Lynyrd Skynyrd. I like music that has rhythym, groove, makes you wanna tap your foot and dance (blues, funk, country rock, jazz, all that). Makes you feel the music. also as a great friend of Roxas, I KNOW that he knows what metal is, because he listens to it all the frickin time. If you say that he doesnt know metal because he listens to A7X and Disturbed? That has to be one of the biggest cases of Irony and oxymorons i have ever seen in my entire life. You sir, need to learn to appreciate other's tastes in music, and dont belittle his knowledge in music genres when we have CLEAR evidence that he probally knows more about music than you. Hell, he listens to JIMI HENDRIX, and he loves metal. So seriously.

Shut up.

Zexi-Penguin said:

as a long time good friend of Roxas, I have to say that belittling his taste in music is nothing short of complete stupidity and lack of common sence. Everyone has unique tastes of music and I love all kinds of music. I like music from A7X and Disturbed to especially The Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, and Lynyrd Skynyrd. I like music that has rhythym, groove, makes you wanna tap your foot and dance (blues, funk, country rock, jazz, all that). Makes you feel the music. also as a great friend of Roxas, I KNOW that he knows what metal is, because he listens to it all the frickin time. If you say that he doesnt know metal because he listens to A7X and Disturbed? That has to be one of the biggest cases of Irony and oxymorons i have ever seen in my entire life. You sir, need to learn to appreciate other's tastes in music, and dont belittle his knowledge in music genres when we have CLEAR evidence that he probally knows more about music than you. Hell, he listens to JIMI HENDRIX, and he loves metal. So seriously.

Shut up.

Once again Disturbed and A7X are deffinately not metal. And Jimi Hendrix was a hack if you want real guitar skill listen to Frank Zappa, Steve Vai, and Al Di Meola. People like that ****** Herman Li and Hendrix do stupid **** that makes you believe they are good.

1.2..3...Zebra said:

Zexi-Penguin said:

Shut up.

Once again Disturbed and A7X are deffinately not metal. And Jimi Hendrix was a hack if you want real guitar skill listen to Frank Zappa, Steve Vai, and Al Di Meola. People like that ****** Herman Li and Hendrix do stupid **** that makes you believe they are good.

Define metal then if you apparently know everything about the genres. Then what is Disturbed? Cause I'll be willing to bet that some of the music search sites have them place with rock/metal.

How is Jimmy Hendrix a hack? He opened the door to left handed guitar playing everywhere and he's **** good.

I didnt want to get nasty, but I have no choice. You have had ur last chance to be civil.

Hendrix came WAY before all those guitar players. Who the HELL do you think inspired them to even play guitar? Jimi Hendrix set the BASIS for great guitar playing. He was the best, and will always be the pioneer of modern guitar playing. If disturbed and A7X are not metal, THEN AC/DC IS NOT ROCK AND ROLL. Thats how bad your logic is.

Dumbass, There is no way Jimi Hendrix is a hack. Frank Zappa, Steve Vai, and Al Di Meola are great guitar players. BUT, Jimi Hendrix was the first and origional. You cannot automatically say theyre better. DIFFERENT ERA'S IDIOT. Plus, Jimi Hendrix played his guitar upside down because he was left handed, and STILL he was as innovative as he was. Find me another guitar player who is as influencial as Jimi Hendrix. Thats right. You cant.

why?

Because Hendrix was the first to inspire the next generation of musicians. Herman Li is good, not as good as Hendrix, but he is good. Hendrix is quite possibly THE greatest guitar player ever.

I know more about music than most people. I"ve listened to it all. Hendrix>Zappa, Vai, Al Di Meola any day of the week and twice on sunday.

............I like music

Zexi-Penguin said:

I didnt want to get nasty, but I have no choice. You have had ur last chance to be civil.

Hendrix came WAY before all those guitar players. Who the HELL do you think inspired them to even play guitar? Jimi Hendrix set the BASIS for great guitar playing. He was the best, and will always be the pioneer of modern guitar playing. If disturbed and A7X are not metal, THEN AC/DC IS NOT ROCK AND ROLL. Thats how bad your logic is.

Dumbass, There is no way Jimi Hendrix is a hack. Frank Zappa, Steve Vai, and Al Di Meola are great guitar players. BUT, Jimi Hendrix was the first and origional. You cannot automatically say theyre better. DIFFERENT ERA'S IDIOT. Plus, Jimi Hendrix played his guitar upside down because he was left handed, and STILL he was as innovative as he was. Find me another guitar player who is as influencial as Jimi Hendrix. Thats right. You cant.

why?

Because Hendrix was the first to inspire the next generation of musicians. Herman Li is good, not as good as Hendrix, but he is good. Hendrix is quite possibly THE greatest guitar player ever.

I know more about music than most people. I"ve listened to it all. Hendrix>Zappa, Vai, Al Di Meola any day of the week and twice on sunday.

Zappa released his first album in the band Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention a year before Hendrix released his first album so your logic already fails. A7X is a rock band, there is a difference between rock and metal.

Dumbass you. How is Hendrix the first and original if he was inspired by guitarists like B.B. King? Zappa and Hendrix played in the same era, so I'm not the idiot. I'm left handed does that mean I'm good at the guitar? And Zappa has influenced way more artists than Hendrix.

Zappa> Hendrix unless you're completely retarded.

Touche. It is possible I have made some timeline errors. So what? Nobody is perfect. BB King DID come before Jimi...but he also came before Zappa too...gotta have both sides to every story. Very true. however i said influence the NEXT generation. Jimi took it one step farther. Read into what I said and read between the lines. Plus Zappa might have played in the same era yes. But he still came before Vai and Di Meola i believe.

However. Prove to me Zappa influenced more than Hendrix.

I will give you credit for finding my mistakes.

Your missing the point however...

That does not change the fact that you refuse to accept other's musical tastes. Music is an abstract thing. You cannot tell who listens to what just by looking at them. Dissing other music only proves your ignorance. The worst part of ur opinion on music is that you automatically think other's opinions on music are stupid and wrong.

Who is known by more people?

Who is rated higher normally than the other? Hendrix or Zappa.

Also how can you say you have to be retarded to think Hendrix is better or is as good as Zappa? That is a sheer opinion you are trying to force as fact. I think Hendrix is better, you think Zappa is better. Dont be an ******* about musical opinions.

and you still have not proved that Disturbed or A7X is not influenced by metal. So wheres that part of your argument? Led Zeppelin and ACDC sound different than A7X. Zeppelin and ACDC are rock, A7X sounds harder than both those bands. A7X might not be COMPLETELY metal, but you cannot deny the influence.

Anyone listen to Antsy Pantsy?

I've only heard one of their songs but its awesome

I am a vampire I am a vampire I am a vamp Ire I am a vampire I am a vampire...

Can the trolling stop now please? Its boring me, seriously.

Ok, back to music ^^

I'm loving Aphex Twin at the moment, oh and VAST too :)

Haven't heard of either of them, what type of music are they?

I've been mostly listening to Pink Floyd, the new coldplay CD, Mars Volta, Infected mushroom? or maybe vicious delicious? IDK which is the band and which is the CD, either way I only have one of their CDs, I think its infected mushroom.... Oh and jazz, lots of jazz (the song type, not the band, if there is one which I'm not sure if their is.) And I listen to the comedic stylings of Demetri Martin, which may or may not count because some of his stuff may or may not be considered songs. I do not listen to Jimmy Hendrix, or Al di Meola or any of those other guys listed in the troll posts. Mainly because I've never heard of them. I lead a very sheltered musical life due to my lack of knowledge or lack of care, but its still fun to listen to.

Aphex Twin is actually just one dude doing Electronica music. Very artsy and if you're into that kind of stuff VERY good. His music videos are also very impressive and his dabblings in other art forms almost always have merit.

VAST is pretty solid as well, not my thing but I can appreciate what they're doing.

Lately I've been listening almost exclusively to Rise Against. Not exactly the bestest band EVAR but I find their lead singer's voice intriguing and they're fun to headbang/thrash along to.

Other than that, I like to keep my musical tastes open. With twelve days worth of music on my iPod (CHECK OUT MY MUSIC E-PEEN IT IS SO HUGE) I think I have a little bit of everything...except country...bollocks to country.

Agreed on the country thing, except Jimmy Buffet, And he's more Island than country

The new Napalm Death should be good. I'll know as soon as I'm done DL'ing it.

I am so weird with music. I never go by bands-because there are so many bands I hate (like the All-American Rejects), and yet there are songs I love done by those bands (Move Along, done by the afformentioned band)

So when people ask me what bands I like, I just need to respond with "Outside of Linkin Park, if i like a song I listen to it"

Chop Suey, by System of a Down is a song I love (yet I hate the band). Just another example.

So just jot me down for a little bit of everything. From love songs (yes, a 19 year old guy admits he listens to love songs. The ladies love that..trust me. =D) to hard rock/metal songs.

I've learned to appreciate all kinds of music, but my true favs are the Old GnR, Mudvayne, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Slipknot theres alot more too

1.2..3...Zebra said:

It's actually pretty solid.

The 3 CD's spending the most time in rotation in my vehicle while driving:

Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy - It's growing on me, the more I listen to it, the more I like it.

Volbeat - Guitar Gangsters and Cadillac Blood - Go to their myspace, and crank it. Then go get their albums.

Black Label Society - Mafia - It's BLS, do I really have to say anything?

wow brett, you dont like ANY Country/Bluegrass at all???

HDC i'm assuming by "love songs" you mean "Power Ballad" era songs.

nowadays i spend my days at work tuned in to our one Classical station just listening to that music *the music that all the music we listen to is pretty much based off of*

usualy the morning before a tourny in my area i stay up late to watch "Rock Fest" or "Metal mania" on VH1C and find myself being re-embraced with music i havent heard since i was like 7-8 and loving it.

also to whoever it was causing the trouble here... OK so Jimmy pulled some stunts SO F'N WHAT... it made him popular and his music was good. Disturbed isnt Metal... ok... thats like saying Def Leppard (nowadays) is METAL... trust me Disturbed is Metal.

Def Leppard is a good group for this main reason. Look at the life their Drummer, Rick Allen, went through after his arm was amputated and decided to carry on, if you listen to their music Pre-Hysteria Album it is TOTALLY different than the Def Leppard today, yet he is skilled enough and has a lot of good musicians around him in Phil Collen, Rick Savage, Joe Elliott and Vivien Campbell; i just wish i could play their songs half as good as they do. Look over my list on the first page here and see if you've heard most of those groups and see a pattern to them, all are very good bands some didnt last more than 4 years but are good bands.

N.J.

Archimedes said:

1.2..3...Zebra said:

It's actually pretty solid.

You mean you too downloaded a leaked CD two months early? But yeah it is great. I'm liking it more than Smear Campaign, but not as much as The Code is Red....

I've also been listening to Godspeed You! Black Emperor a lot too.

Recently I've picked up the new All that remains Cd Overcome and Mudvayne's new cd which was also pretty good
<3 Techno RAVE IT UP!