Getting my Askellon campaign started

By Spieler975099, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

Greetings, fellow puritans and radicals!

After receiving my copy of DH2 and running a larger group of players through a brutally abbreviated version of Damned Cities, I'm now getting my regular band of players together to start off with a new campaign in venerable Askellon. Now, I'm looking to you for advice.

The Group will include three Players with the following characters:

Void-born Adeptus Astra Telepathica Mystic

Highborn Imperial Guard Assassin or Desperado

Seeker (the player has not decided on Background and homeworld yet, though the most likely Options are Arbites, Ministorum or Outcast)

I'd like to start with the old and trusted Edge of Darkness from DH1, as Coscarla should be portable to Hive Desoleum without much trouble. The Logicians are to be replaced by somewhat more generic hereteks, offering a plothook for the next adventure - the one contained in the new rulebook. To stay in Desoleum for some more time, I`m looking forward to receiving the new GM screen. Any advice on including its scenario into the campaign?

A trip offworld should follow. Seeds of Heresy from the old beta should make a fine diversion from all the Hive World action up to that. I'm considering swapping the antagonists from chaos cultists/renegade psykers to a genestealer cult, however. I really love the idea of the fast and deadly 'stealers pursueing the characters through the dense corn fields.

Are there any suggestions for additional adventures or interludes? We have been through most of the published material for DH1, having left out only Jurisdiction and Shades of Twilight so far.

Thank you for your support!

Edited by Avenger

Seeds of Heresy is fantastic and allows you to pad out your game length as you see fit. There's really a lot in there to explore. It's my favorite Dark Heresy adventure by far.

I'd reccomend looking into Reason's Sibellius Noir found on his website here: http://www.principiainfecta.com/

I feel like It would work marvelously for Desoleum.

From a matter of antagonists I don't think that you need to replace the Locgicians. I see no reason as to why the foul hereteks of the Logicians couldn't have spread to Askellon. In fact maybe they consider it a better place than Calixis with more chances for solitude for their research?

Im not sure if your still looking for some more help, I am doing something similar with Hive Desoleum what I did was make it where the acolytes have a hunt down several major players in the hives political system, daemon, xenos, or heretics alike.