Niman Disciple

By Split Light, in Game Mechanics

I'm currently playing a Consular Sage (for all of one session now) and am looking at moving into the Niman Disciple farther down the road. On the whole I really like the tree. Thematically I really like Draw Closer, it fits the style, but the tree really needs the ability to push away as well. To my understanding being able to push and pull people around the battle field is a key element of the style.

There actually is. Bottom on Niman, Force Assault - essentially, you fail a lightsaber roll, you push them away as a manuever if you've got the advantage/triumph to spend. Otherwise, you wait until they attack you and you use Pre-Emptive Avoidance (in Sage) to dodge back away. There's also The Force is My Ally to use any power as a maneuver.

Really though, the main thing for a Consular that wants to deal damage without resorting to dark side powers, is use Draw Closer (ideally in conjunction with One with the Universe if you've got the foresight to use it before a fight begins), use their huge force rating to boost their lightsaber's attack, and try and kill an enemy that way. Pushing them away or moving themself away is on the off-chance the check misses or doesn't do enough damage.

Thanks for the clarification, I totally missed Force Assault hiding down there.