Question about Mother Goddess

By mradwan, in Android: Netrunner Rules Questions

Hi fellow runners,

There is a small debate in my netrunning group regarding the ability of Mother Goddess, where it says "Mother Goddess gains the subtypes of all other rezzed ice.". The debate is that some people consider Code Gate, Sentry, and Barrier as the subtypes that Mother Goddess gains, where I think that the subtype is stuff like AP, destroyer, tracer, and so on.

Can someone clarify that.

Thanks a lot,

Mohamed

You are both right. "AP, Barrier, Bioroid, Code Gate, Destroyer, Grail, Mythic, Observer, Sentry, Tracer" are all examples of subtypes. Compare the text on, say, Deus X and Gingerbread to the text on Battering Ram and Femme Fatale.

Edited by etherial

Thanks a lot for the clarification

She synergizes with NEXT ice for purposes of those cards' text.

So would you be able to reveal her from your hand when a runner encounters a grail ice?

No. Card abilities are only active when installed and rezzed.

So you need one Mother Goddess in hand and one rezzed, and then it can count as a valid Grail target.

No, because Mother Goddess' text giving her the Grail trait is not active, as the copy in HQ is not installed and rezzed.

Bottom line, she doesn't synergize with Grail ice at all.

So you need one Mother Goddess in hand and one rezzed, and then it can count as a valid Grail target.

Remember that cards that use self-referential language only refer to themselves, and not other copies of the same card.

that's what i though, thanks