VOTES NEEDED: Align./Renown Icons

By JCHendee, in Talisman Home Brews

For my In the Balance expansion, I added some things that made Neutral a little more than the alignment of no alignment. PROBLEM: there's no alignment card of meaning for Neutrals, nor symbol to match those for Good and Evil.

Similarly, and tied to alignment, I'll be introducing a new concept called "renown" in the future Great City expansion. Alignment based tokens will be earned based on how an adventurer acts (within or outside of its alignment) as seen by the Land's people. Renown will have some effects upon an adventurer in the Great City (or other future expansion "decks" or other populated board spaces). But again, what icon needs to be on the Neutral/Balance tokens?

That's where you come in! The follow quick monotone sketches are some ideas, the symbols being taken from stock clipart sources. [Good and Evil are represented from the games standard for comparison.] Some examples are rough, some need simplification, and I ask that ignore both these in looking them over... and give me your votes.

1. Pick out your THREE favorite potential symbols.
  2. Reply and post them in order of preference by their numbers.
  3. Tell others who'd like to join in as well.

I'll give it a week then post the results for the top three overall picks.

NOTE: The final tokens (and alignment cards to be released with In the Balance, Part 3: Spells) will not replicate graphics found on the standard alignment cards. No permission has big given at this time for those to be duplicated in part or whole, so iconography and graphics will be different but easily recognizable as comparable in meaning.

Renown_Icons.jpg

Okay, just a little preamble before my vote! When I considered making a Neutral token I was drawn to an image of a tree in full "leaf" which would be green.

It needs to be a simple version, and I think for this purpose Icon number 1 would be ideal. Unfortunately I think it looks a little too like the Evil flame motif.

I would therefore probably go for something completely different yet still giving the feeling of hippydom, which would be Icon number 10.

So, from this little lot I would choose - 10, 1 and 5 for the reasons given above.

If there is a PS to this I would move for a tree which was more "Oak like" and rounded as an outline, like this example -

Tree-256x256.png

I will choose:

7.....4..... and 10

I actually like 8. I think it is unique and would be sufficiently different to avoid any confusion, as well as looking pretty cool.

And for the heck of it, just so my vote counts too... 10, 3, and 5.

Will give it more days. Later I'll tabulate all votes (3 points for 1st choices, 2 for 2nd, etc.) and see where we end up. If there's a decisive winner, that's be the one, if not, we'll have run off perhaps. Keep people coming if you can.

The final alignment card in particular I will try to render in a like style to those for Evil and Good.

7, 4 and 6

Ell.

10 NEUTRAL

1 EVIL

2 GOOD

2nd Double Post in my life!

dth said:

10 NEUTRAL

1 EVIL

2 GOOD

I think you must give only the numbers for neutral,.. sonrojado.gif

Hi everybody,