Tournament rules?

By Darik, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Rules Questions

Does anyone know if there will be certain tournament rules like with Netrunner et al.? I guess I should say tournament scoring rules like in Netrunner so we can do Swiss style tournaments instead of elimination tournaments.

Although, now that I think about it, elimination style might be better for weeknight tournaments what with time always being a factor...hmmm...

anyway...anyone who played in the Worldeater want to chime in?

Does anyone know if there will be certain tournament rules like with Netrunner et al.? I guess I should say tournament scoring rules like in Netrunner so we can do Swiss style tournaments instead of elimination tournaments.

Although, now that I think about it, elimination style might be better for weeknight tournaments what with time always being a factor...hmmm...

anyway...anyone who played in the Worldeater want to chime in?

There will be yes, more likely to see these after the game officially releases.

There will have to be a tournament rules document released prior to Worlds... maybe as soon as they make the official announcement that Steve Horvath indicated was coming.

In the absence of that though, I'm expecting the rules to resemble AGoT's tournament document in terms of scoring - obviously referring to Joust here. Unless they decide they really want to break it down and award points based on planets captured or something, the symmetric win conditions probably indicate that something like that model would be sound. I doubt anybody will see the need for elaborate equivalency rules like SW or for double elim formatting (match play driven).

I'm expecting the rules to resemble AGoT's tournament document in terms of scoring - obviously referring to Joust here. Unless they decide they really want to break it down and award points based on planets captured or something, the symmetric win conditions probably indicate that something like that model would be sound. I doubt anybody will see the need for elaborate equivalency rules like SW or for double elim formatting (match play driven).

This. Because rounds will probably be single game, the tournament structure doesn't need to be as complicated as SW (with DS/LS) or Netrunner (with Runner/Corp).

Tournaments will almost assuredly be Swiss. You don't need anything more complicated than "1 point for a win, 0 points for a loss" to allow Swiss pairing. But I'll bet it'll be out of 5, like AGoT, with 5 potential outcomes for a (one game) round:

Full Win = 5 pts.

Mod. Win = 4 pts. (Mod. Win = no one achieves victory by time limit, but has favorable tie-breaker)

True Draw = 2 pts.

Mod. Loss = 1 pt. (Mod. Loss = no one achieves victory by time limit, but has unfavorable tie-breaker)

Full Loss = 0 pts.

I hope that ktom is right (or at least he's close) because that seems more intuitive and rewards players for good play.