Redirecting Fire

By JinFaram, in General Discussion

I posted this in the Age of Rebellion forum but it was lost in the long thread. To narratively cover the lightsaber deflection we see in the movies I was thinking of saying any threat an enemy rolls on an attack that could be used for strain would be attacks redirected back. For minions this would translate into wounds. In the movies we see all the Jedi able to redirect blaster fire but typically only against minions. For the full redirect I don't think I mind it being Shien exclusive. What do you guys think?

Causing strain (and thus damage) on attacks from minions which generate Threat. I was always a bit put off by how to spend those "leftover" Threats, and jedi redirection provides a convenient explanation.

I posted this in the Age of Rebellion forum but it was lost in the long thread. To narratively cover the lightsaber deflection we see in the movies I was thinking of saying any threat an enemy rolls on an attack that could be used for strain would be attacks redirected back. For minions this would translate into wounds. In the movies we see all the Jedi able to redirect blaster fire but typically only against minions. For the full redirect I don't think I mind it being Shien exclusive. What do you guys think?

I think it's a very good idea.

I think people are expecting to be able to accomplish too much with too little xp invested. It's not a coincidence these iconic Jedi abilities are spread out over multiple trees.

As for other players I would say it is minor damage from exchanging fire etc.

Reflecting attacks is already covered by the Shien tree. There's a talent specifically for it.

Reflecting attacks is already covered by the Shien tree. There's a talent specifically for it.

He's aware, it's in his post. He's talking about enemies attacking the Jedi and suffering strain from Despair having it be narratively because of redirected blaster fire - not something that can be directly controlled/activated by the Jedi, which is the Shien talent.