Card abilities

By SynnerG, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Rules Questions

Quick one: Do card abilities trigger when tapped? For example in Chaos, can the Flamer unit tap to attack for 2, then in the action window be sacrificed to do another 2 damage? Same would go for something like the Soul Grinder that can kill units during the command struggle, but if it comes to the planet exhausted, will it still trigger? Thanks!

yes. Tapping in this (and other lcgs) is a COST that is part of the card requirement. If the ability dose not say to tap it in the text, "tap card to do x dmg" or something like that.. then the ability can trigger regardless of the tap/untapped state.

booored has it. If a card's Action ability (or interrupt, or reaction) requires you to exhaust it, it will specify. If it doesn't, then you don't need to.

What you guys said makes sense, tho I guess I shoulda been more clear that I meant to ask if a unit has been tapped for previously attacking or arriving at a planet, is the "Action" or "Reaction" on a card still active to be used? Not that using the ability required tapping it as a cost. But still, I think a good example the explains it is the Blood Angels Veterans that only gain their Reaction "when ready", otherwise it's off. It first came up when I noticed that the Flamers can tap to attack for 2 and then could immediately be sacrificed for another 2 damage from their Action.

Action or Reactions only require a unit to be ready if part of the cost is to exhaust the unit.

What you guys said makes sense, tho I guess I shoulda been more clear that I meant to ask if a unit has been tapped for previously attacking or arriving at a planet, is the "Action" or "Reaction" on a card still active to be used? Not that using the ability required tapping it as a cost. But still, I think a good example the explains it is the Blood Angels Veterans that only gain their Reaction "when ready", otherwise it's off. It first came up when I noticed that the Flamers can tap to attack for 2 and then could immediately be sacrificed for another 2 damage from their Action.

Yeah the flamers are MONSTERS - note, though, that one other key aspect of being ready or exhausted occurs during the command struggle. An exhausted unit doesn't contribute it's command icons to your side when checking that struggle. This makes Eldorath Starbane pretty cool on command struggles as a Warlod, LOL!

This makes Eldorath Starbane pretty cool on command struggles as a Warlod, LOL!

I have not considered this. Ugh, the pain.

I have not considered this. Ugh, the pain.

Don't forget the combo with Foresight. You effectively take 2 of your opponent's units out of command struggles (assuming that Starbane's presence alone doesn't win the command struggle at the planet he ends up at for you).