Design...

By AussieJedi, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

I absolutely love this game, but I have one minor gripe, if anything.

In a game that has the locations in the middle for both players, why does the battle effect text be shown on one side? For two games I missed locating my units at the vital locations simply because I could not easily read the text.

I thought that this may have been found out during the design phase, but maybe the designers just decided that this wasnt relevant.

I will probably just place the equivalent locations from my sets, facing me, so I can see them.

As I said; I LOVE this game and a minor gripe. Great game FFG!

Sometimes, it's all about the art! :-)

The examples show the planets right way up so that it's easy to read, but when we play we actually place them sideon and push them more towards one end of the table, to make it easier for both players to read without one player having to read upside-down. But it doesn't take long before you know them all anyway.

This was an "issue" in coc as well. You will be surprised how quickly you just memorize the planets. A good trick is to place them vertical, then both players have the same "disadvantage"

This was an "issue" in coc as well. You will be surprised how quickly you just memorize the planets. A good trick is to place them vertical, then both players have the same "disadvantage"

Yeah that is how I have tested it. Plus, I would read all of the planets at the beginning of the game and when they are revealed. That way, I can just take a quick glance for reference.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....There was this Star Wars game that introduced the idea of fighting over planet locations and having them oriented horizontally and each player deployed troops and vehicles on their "side" of the location card. In that game, there was not only game text listed on each side - oriented toward each player - but sometimes said planet locations had different text on each side.

If you ever played that game, you'll always miss something about it in games like this, LOL!

I agree with BuzzsawMF et al. - you'll get them memorized soon enough, I think.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....There was this Star Wars game that introduced the idea of fighting over planet locations and having them oriented horizontally and each player deployed troops and vehicles on their "side" of the location card. In that game, there was not only game text listed on each side - oriented toward each player - but sometimes said planet locations had different text on each side.

If you ever played that game, you'll always miss something about it in games like this, LOL!

I agree with BuzzsawMF et al. - you'll get them memorized soon enough, I think.

I played that recently and was thinking the same thing :)