Wow, just...wow

By AussieJedi, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

My friend got me two copies from Gen Con and let me begin by saying that this is an truly excellent game. The strategy you need to employ in order to prep yourself for later battles is so different from that of Star Wars LCG, or even AGOT (sorry dont play netrunner and played CoC too long ago to remember).

I think that the ability to use shield cards to mitigate damage to your units is a cool mechanic. I have built a decent Marine deck With the two core and played with Tau from a single core.

Not such a big fan of the Dark Eldar, but that is from me being on the receiving end.

Really looking forward to new releases from FFG; home run.

Yeah, my buddy and I are liking it as well. I can't wait for copies to be for sale at our local store and I hope to start doing demos as soon as I can up there.

Every decision seems to be supremely important. And player skill at knowing when to shield and when not to is immensely important. I feel like there are plenty of ways that players making good (or even daring) run-time decisions during the game can easily catch up for a bad draw or even getting stuck in a "bad matchup" where the deck they built is at a disadvantage to the one their opponent brings.

I can't wait to play some more! Well done to all at FFG involved!