Star Wars miniatures game pieces for use in Imperial Assault

By Knucklesamwich, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

From the looks of it the old WotC Star Wars Miniatures game uses the same 28mm figures as Imperial Assault. Some of the figures look nearly identical. They are prepainted and you can find them by the truckload on eBay. I still have probably close to 2,000 in my closet at home. WotC ruined that game with out of control power creep but I have faith in FFG so I will most certainly be gettig on board with this game. With the story more this looks like a game I have wanted MY WHOLE LIFE!

Yeah, I have about four hundred Stormtroopers and another one hundred other Imperials from WotC Star Wars minis.

Yeah, I've got over 2000 of the original SWM minis by WotC. I never touch a paintbrush, so I expect that I'll be using my painted SWMs for this game. It was kinda cool talking to the game's designers this weekend at Gencon. I'm completely STOKED about this game! And I have a feeling that my kids will go nuts over it too.

My son was with me at Gencon and he love SW minis. If this had been released there he would have been dying to get it.

I have a lot (not as many as those guys said above) but I like to think I have a lot. Even have the AT-AT. :)

That'd be cool if they work with this game.

Though I expect the FFG sculpts will be more detailed. Just colorless.

I haven't played Descent but I have the Gears of War board game form FFG and the miniatures are gorgeous.

As I recall, one of the designers told a group of us from the old SWM guard as we circled the table that the scale for this game will be about 30-33 mm, and I believe SWM was around 25-28. So, they are completely interchangeable which is great news for someone like me who has zero skill at painting figures.

Also, he pointed out that the WotC AT-ST is too large for the WotC scale and that in order to fit in the box, the AT-ST in IA is too small. So using WotC minis will make it just about right!

Very excited about this game, as I intend to reuse as much as I can from the WotC game. I know I will still need the core and a single pack for the cards as new stuff is released, but at least I won't have to buy multiples of most of it. The only time I can see having to do that is for official tournaments, if that comes about.

Edited by Boris_the_Dwarf

Glad I still have my minis. Especially my Darktrooper horde...

Using those was my first thought too. Prices on singles will rise We need a complete list of the included figures so we all can start collecting those again (if you already sold your originals to pay for other games)!

Dang it. It seems like I'm always sitting outside the bubble with those WotC SW minis. Either i missed the game entirely or I saw them going for 10 cents a crack and was all like "Nah, i've got plenty of dead collectible miniature games sitting around my house without adding that to the list." I was badly tempted to collect all the miniatures related to Dark Forces, though.

As I recall, one of the designers told a group of us from the old SWM guard as we circled the table that the scale for this game will be about 30-33 mm, and I believe SWM was around 25-28. So, they are completely interchangeable which is great news for someone like me who has zero skill at painting figures.

Did he tell you that the scale of Imperial Assault will be 30-33mm? It´s near the scale of WotC miniatures (34mm).

I hope i could have beauty stormtroopers than WotC at the same scale

And i hope that we could have a non super expensive Bobba Fett