Descent Journeys in the Dark of Space!

By ilikegames, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Looks cool for fans of Descent and Star wars alike!

Yup. Exactcly the same mechanics, just with different theme.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The possibilities! :o

HA! Star Wars Descent? LOVE IT!!!

Clever!

I wonder, if they have changed any major game mechanics or maybe improved upon Descent 2E. What I have read in the description however, pretty much sounds like it is a 95% copy of Descent 2E. If there isn't anything new, I probably should not get into this. I am already spending too much money on Descent. I shouldn't spend more money on a rehash, just because it says Star Wars... I'm afraid, I will end up buying it anyway though ^^

I wonder, if they have changed any major game mechanics or maybe improved upon Descent 2E. What I have read in the description however, pretty much sounds like it is a 95% copy of Descent 2E. If there isn't anything new, I probably should not get into this. I am already spending too much money on Descent. I shouldn't spend more money on a rehash, just because it says Star Wars... I'm afraid, I will end up buying it anyway though ^^

Yeah...the price tag is a bit hefty though.

It does have the two player skirmish mode. It's like getting Descent and Space Hulk in one game!

Actually I think I'll LOVE Assault because I wasn't all that enamoured with Descent...

Descent had the look and feel of a 'dungeon crawl,' but the mechanics were more like a tactical guerrilla simulation, which, while it was a good system, was not what it portrayed itself to be.

Assault however, has a premise that MATCHES the mechanics (and it's Star Wars to boot!)

SW:IA looks cool and interesting. Can't wait to hear more about this title - could be better even then Descent 2nd. It takes the best parts of Descent 1e mixes it with some Descent 2e mechanics and puts it all into SW universe. Hmm, could work better then the other games. It can be the next yeras bestseller from FFG.

Waiting for more!

Yeah...the price tag is a bit hefty though.

Makes you wonder how much money is paying for Star Wars copyrights.

So now it's, "Hey FF, Lucas Arts, and Disney please take my money!"