Gen Con Vasel Prediction

By Lilikin, in Runebound

Tom Vasel thinks they will announce Runebound 3E at Gencon

he is an insider (not with FFG) but he knows his stuff

Could be good!

Listen to his gencon part 2 for the quote!!!!!

Vasel is good, and if he has some info from the inside Im listening!

Edited by la1cajun

When is Gen Con again?

He didn't say at the time that he had insider info just that it was his prediction but he had said in the first part of the podcast on the secret cabal section that he had heard what was being released from people that knew (guessing suppliers etc) if that makes sense

Gen Con starts today US timezone

He also said he thought it would be reworked totally (in my mind I was thinking Descent 1 to 2) rather than like RB 1 to 2 (with slight changes)

all gossip at this point but that's got to be a good sign surely????

Sorry so many mini post but want to get the info for you

he recorded it before Armada was announced and predicted a large scale GROUND game for of the XWing we now know that was Armada and he was slightly wrong but he at least knew there was something coming out in that area

surely has to be a good sign

Edited by Lilikin

All sounds good. Thanks again Lilikin!

Sorry guys I'm bummed, he was right about the Star wars ground exactly, maybe it will be announced over the next few months.

When I heard Tom make that prediction about RB I literally shouted out loud. While driving in my car. I'm still waiting for it to happen, but I'll just have to keep myself busy in the meantime by making do with other FFG games coming out... I mean, I'm not going to boycott them! <Fingers crossed>

\( ̄□ ̄)\

Two days of Gencon down and no mention of RB---I am bummed!!!

There still is a chance that it will be announced in couple of months but not that big chances. Maybe next year.

And if it comes to that I hope it will be something completly new like Descent 2nd is compared to Descent 1e.

Wth is with all of this space stuff all of a sudden. I mean I know it has it's place but jeesh, Star Wars this and Star Wars that, I mean c'mon, it's the dad gum fantasy rpg board stuff that got fantasy flight where they are at. Gee whiz, it's like the fantasy side is just kicked to the side of the road.

I know it's not Runebound, but the Lord of the Rings LCG, which I like as much as Runebound, is getting more support in the coming year than fans expected. Have you given that game a try, la1cajun?

In the meantime, good luck hunting for the RB expansions. Let me know if you want me to look something up for you -- I pretty much have all 2nd ed Runebound products (although haven't put the majority into play yet). Given that we don't know if/when Runebound will make its return, I'm happy I snatched up everything when I did, even though it cost me a fair bit of coin.

Edited by TwiceBornh

Wth is with all of this space stuff all of a sudden. I mean I know it has it's place but jeesh, Star Wars this and Star Wars that, I mean c'mon, it's the dad gum fantasy rpg board stuff that got fantasy flight where they are at. Gee whiz, it's like the fantasy side is just kicked to the side of the road.

Technically, Twilight Imperium played a significant part in getting them where they are, too. =P

Star Wars is a big label, so I can see them wanting to promote it as much as they can. There may also be contractual obligations at play...

He knew about the ground assault game so he must know something from someone I am still hopeful.

In the 2013 In Flight Report, Christian Petersen stated that the Star Wars X-Wing line was the most successful product line FFG had ever released (I imagine that success continued in 2014 -- haven't seen this Gen Con's In Flight Report yet). Given that interest in Star Wars is on the rise again (new trilogy and another 3 additional movies in the works), it makes sense that they would want to generate as much profit as they can, while they can (who knows how long FFG will be able to afford the license or be able to meet contractual terms set by Disney?).

yeah, you guys are right, i guess I was just looking forward to runebound. Does Lord of the rings LCG have a story to it or is it all just separate adventures and no leveling or getting gear or anything? I have the game but have only played the first couple of scenarios. I like the story type stuff I guess from an Old d n d perspective. It kinda brings you in to the story as it unfolds and you make decisions accordingly. I would love some insight on best expansions for runebound that will increase the number of cards in the events/challenge cards. Seems like after a few games of solo you would keep getting the same cards. I like alot of variety. Anyway, thanks guys and keep up the active forum. I like it!

I would love some insight on best expansions for runebound that will increase the number of cards in the events/challenge cards. Seems like after a few games of solo you would keep getting the same cards.

The following link is a poll on the best expansions:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/490989/which-expansion-best-polls

Next you want to find which are challenge expansions, so here are all of them:

Challenge Card Expansions

•Runebound: Beasts and Bandits

•Runebound: Drakes and Dragonspawn

•Runebound: Shadows of Margath (Second Edition)

•Runebound: The Dark Forest

•Runebound: The Terrors of the Tomb

•Runebound: Traps and Terrors

So go to the link and see how they were voted on.

Thanks Doma!

I went to that link but it only lets you vote. I dont see any results at all unless im just not in the right place.

On the bottom of the poll hit the button that says results.

I think the question was more like "any plans for Runebound" - it's really interesting, anyway, though with so many big board games looming around on the horizon at the minute I doubt we'll see anything about this for a while. Additionally, Christian said in the same Q&A that they have three years planned out, with about half of that fully planned, and the other half more fluid, or somesuch. So having "any plans" could mean that they've pencilled Runebound in for late in 2017...

What I do find interesting, in an exceptionally minor kind of way, is that Descent is suddenly quiet. I mean, they've been churning out expansions very regularly for the past two years, and it seems that usually the next one is announced before the latest one is fully released, but Manor of Ravens has come and gone, and there's suddenly this halt, like they're catching their breath. Maybe that's because they're gearing up for an announcement about Runebound?

Descent did seem to go quiet around this time last year, though, so what do I know...