Speculation

By Animewarsdude, in Star Wars: Armada

So since we have yet to really receive much info about the game I figured lets start a post for people who decided to zoom in and try to gleam as much info as they could from the images that we got. Granted by the time gencon comes around or the next preview this could be completely out of date.

So first off what do we see in the big picture that comes with the set? Well we see the ships, their bases, action tokens, command dials, speed dials, ship cards, squadron cards, obstacles, the maneuver tool, attack dice and the damage deck. Next we notice how each ship has vastly different firing arcs with the destroyer having larger forward and aft arcs than sides, the corvette having a large front and the other arcs being even, while the frigate has completely even arcs.

Then looking at the range ruler we see something interesting in comparison to X wing that being that their are dice indicated on them. So if we were to base it off X wing it seems like an insane amount of dice are being rolled however I think it just shows the effective range for each dice. So at range 1 everything fires, at range 2 only the red and blue dice are rolled, and at range 3 only the red are rolled. Thus that begs the effective damage each die can do, I guess someone could try and figure out what is on each side of the dice if they want, or we can wait til about Thursday.

Then moving onto the capital ships we see that their hull value is indicated next to their anti fighter attack. Then to the right of that we see their command level, their squadron level, and their engineering level. As of right now we only know what the command level means. Though we can guess that the Squadron level indicates how many fighters each ship could carry or bring into battle. Then below that we see the ships weapon and shield values, followed to the left by its movement options. Then above that we see what looks like to be some sort of actions. And their are green and red tokens that seem to have the symbols on them in the group picture.

Finally we come to squadrons which if we look at them they seem to have the same amount of health or hull as in X-wing. Then looking at the miniatures themselves we see that each fighter is actually a separate piece that can be plugged into at least one of three different tri formations, those being a chevron, ascending, and a diagonal line. Then if we zoom in really far we can sorta make out some details on their cards. First off they have a yellow insignia that sort of looks like an evasion symbol with the Tie Fighters having a value of 4 and the X wings having a value of 3. Next to that we see their hull value, after that we see some symbol that seems to have three blue dice after it so maybe this is the value of attack against large ships. Then after that which I find interesting is that the fighters have a symbol of their fighter on their card with an attack dice shown, with the X wing having a red and the Ties having a blue dice.

So what else have you found or do you have an idea on anything that posted here being different?

Then moving onto the capital ships we see that their hull value is indicated next to their anti fighter attack. Then to the right of that we see their command level, their squadron level, and their engineering level. As of right now we only know what the command level means. Though we can guess that the Squadron level indicates how many fighters each ship could carry or bring into battle. Then below that we see the ships weapon and shield values, followed to the left by its movement options. Then above that we see what looks like to be some sort of actions. And their are green and red tokens that seem to have the symbols on them in the group picture.

For most of the icons we already have a decent explanation.

So far we don't know what the Engineering, Squadron stats do.

We can speculate that the Squadron stat is probably used to in conjunction with the Squadron command.

Perhaps the Engineering stat is used in conjunction with the Repair command

We also don't know what the green icons do. But i's a safe bet that they are the "defense tokens" mentioned on the Description page. In case of the Corvette I would speculate that it has 2 Evasive Maneuvers and 1 Angle Deflector Shields actions. (see image below)

Interesting to note as well, is that if you use your anti fighter defense, it's against every squadron in range.

The upgrade slots.

Again speculation but, for the Corvette it looks like (from left to right):

Commander, Crew, Shield Generator (Defense upgrade?), Turbolaser Tower (Offensive Turbolaser upgrade?)

For the VSD it looks like

Commander, ???, Tractor Beam?, Ion Cannon?, Turbolaser Tower

CR90aShipCard.png

Stats for the VSD seem to be:

8 Hull points, 2 Anti-Fighter defense, 3 Command, 3 Squadron, 4 Engineering

2 Angle Deflector Shield actions and an action which looks to be new to me (the first token in the defense token box of the VSD, the right most token in the box content picture).

3 Bow, 3 Starboard/Port and 2 Aft shields, which will come in handy with the Angle Deflector Shields action.

3 red and 3 blue Bow, 2 red and 1 blue Starboard/Port, 2 red Aft attack dice.

Stats for the Nebulon B seem to be:

5 Hull points, 3 Anti-Fighter defense, 2 Command, 2 Squadron, 3 Engineering

1 Evasive Maneuver action, 1 unknown defense action

3 Bow, 1 Starboard/Port and 2(not sure) Aft shields

3 red Bow, 1 red Starboard/Port, unknown Aft attack dice

I think it's interesting to see that the Frigate is a different vessel than the Corvette, it will surely need to be played differently, which is interesting imo!

Also, that picture seems to confirm suspicions that the range three band is longer than range one and two.