The Mighty Aegis Shield

By Velhart, in Talisman Rules Questions

Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering about something.

First... it uses the word opponent, so you can only use it against a player. Sadly it can only be use for pvp combat.

But the question is...:

If you use the Aegis Shield in a battle after you lost the combat and if the shield don't help you( because you rolled a 1-3) and the opponent takes a life from you, can you use a normal armour, shield or helmet to prevent this?

The Aegis shield is also a armour but has other statistics. But because we all known that you can only use one piece of armour, then i am not sure about this.

The Aegis shield does not prevent a life...

Aegis ( magic object)( Armour)

You may use Aegis if your attack score is less than your opponent's

To do so, roll 1 die:

1-3: you lose the attack as normal.

4-6: you do not lose the attack: It is considered a stand-off instead.

Greetz..

~Velhart~

I think the big question is, does it have the Armour keyword? If so, then probably can't use anything else:

"Some Objects that prevent the loss of life when a character is
defeated have the keyword Armour next to the text for the
card’s ability. A character may only use one Armour during
an attack." (p. 12)

Dam said:

I think the big question is, does it have the Armour keyword? If so, then probably can't use anything else:

"Some Objects that prevent the loss of life when a character is
defeated have the keyword Armour next to the text for the
card’s ability. A character may only use one Armour during
an attack." (p. 12)

I forgot to include it in the text. ( i have update my previous post. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Yes but this one does not prevent a life...

But as you said, you can only use one piece of armour...

Anyway, it use only the word attack, so you can also use it for psychic combat gran_risa.gif It's a little better than i thought, but still pvp combat sad.gif

A worthless treasure...

Velhart said:

Hello Everyone,

First... it uses the word opponent, so you can only use it against a player. Sadly it can only be use for pvp combat.

But the question is...:

If you use the Aegis Shield in a battle after you lost the combat and if the shield don't help you( because you rolled a 1-3) and the opponent takes a life from you, can you use a normal armour, shield or helmet to prevent this?

The Aegis shield is also a armour but has other statistics. But because we all known that you can only use one piece of armour, then i am not sure about this.

To do so, roll 1 die:

Greetz..

~Velhart~

Your wrong. If would be written: "Only characters", it would be used only with fighting against them. Opponent means everything, with what we can fight (characters creatures, enemies in both - psychic combat and battle).

Anyway, as for Your queston. I think no. In given fight we can use only one Armour and only one Weapon. Regardless of their effects in the fight.

Ægis is a very good item however. It gives a chance to make a fight stand-off before a character can choose his prize for winning a fight. But it also has a bad keyword, Gradiator nor Anointed Robe can affect the Ægis >_>

Nemomon said:

Velhart said:

Hello Everyone,

But the question is...:

To do so, roll 1 die:

Greetz..

~Velhart~

Your wrong. If would be written: "Only characters", it would be used only with fighting against them. Opponent means everything, with what we can fight (characters creatures, enemies in both - psychic combat and battle).

Anyway, as for Your queston. I think no. In given fight we can use only one Armour and only one Weapon. Regardless of their effects in the fight.

Ægis is a very good item however. It gives a chance to make a fight stand-off before a character can choose his prize for winning a fight. But it also has a bad keyword, Gradiator nor Anointed Robe can affect the Ægis >_>

So you are saying that you can use it for creatures too?

Mmm , i want this to be clarified preocupado.gif

Yes, it means an attack by Characters or Creatures. It wouldn't be much of a Treasure if it was limited in that way!

Nemomon said:

But it also has a bad keyword, Gradiator nor Anointed Robe can affect the Ægis >_>

But it also has a bad keyword, Gradiator nor Anointed Robe can't affect the Ægis >_>*

talismanisland said:

Yes, it means an attack by Characters or Creatures. It wouldn't be much of a Treasure if it was limited in that way!

Thanks Jon !

The shield is better than i thought !!! gran_risa.gif

It can be use against characters and creatures and for psychic combat WOOT ! gran_risa.gif