Rebel cruisers and destroyers

By AtomicFryingPan, in Star Wars: Armada

So like many of you I'm super stoked to play this game! I also can't wait to see what other capital ships we get for both sides. Now what I'm wondering is I'm sure that we will of course see mc80 and other mon cal cruisers at some point but does the rebellion have any other ships of that size and class that aren't mon cal designed?

The rebellion has very cool lookinh corvettes and and frigates at there disposal with straight lines and angles. But I can't stand the mon calamari designed cruisers lol too many curved lines. So can anyone point me to some pics of rebellion used large capital ships that aren't mon calamari? I've heard of a bulwark cruiser before from the old star wars rebellion game but never made it far enough to see it lol!

To be fair, a terrorist insurrection shouldn't have great big battleships. It should be all small, mobile, cheap ships that are easy to steal.

Amusing reversal, in a capital ship game, the rebels become the swarm army.

To be fair, a terrorist insurrection shouldn't have great big battleships. It should be all small, mobile, cheap ships that are easy to steal.

Amusing reversal, in a capital ship game, the rebels become the swarm army.

Very good point!

Dont forget the cruiser version of the Corellian Corvette that appeared in Jedi

I've heard of a bulwark cruiser before from the old star wars rebellion game but never made it far enough to see it lol!

Well then, feast your eyes on what was then the greatest ship the rebellion could build:

bulwark_battlecruiser.gif

I pity you rebels. I really do.

For cruisers (specifically, smaller cruisers), the Rebellion had access to many of the same ships as the Empire. Strike cruisers, Dreadnaughts, and Carracks. The first is a rather attractive Loronar design, while the latter two are more Mandalorian in appearance.

I've heard of a bulwark cruiser before from the old star wars rebellion game but never made it far enough to see it lol!

Well then, feast your eyes on what was then the greatest ship the rebellion could build:

bulwark_battlecruiser.gif

I pity you rebels. I really do.

That's supposed to be able to last against a SSD?! We're doomed lol.

I'm a big fan of a lot of the ships they had in Rebellion (PC game), including the Balwark. The Liberator cruiser and their version of the Interdictor in particular.

So like many of you I'm super stoked to play this game! I also can't wait to see what other capital ships we get for both sides. Now what I'm wondering is I'm sure that we will of course see mc80 and other mon cal cruisers at some point but does the rebellion have any other ships of that size and class that aren't mon cal designed?

The rebellion has very cool lookinh corvettes and and frigates at there disposal with straight lines and angles. But I can't stand the mon calamari designed cruisers lol too many curved lines. So can anyone point me to some pics of rebellion used large capital ships that aren't mon calamari? I've heard of a bulwark cruiser before from the old star wars rebellion game but never made it far enough to see it lol!

Yes and no. Supposedly some of the old seperatist ships end up in the hands of the rebellion. I know a lot of people aren't prequal fans but some of the confed warships look quite cool.

I remember reading that Dreadnaughts were used by both sides. Probably see this one.

ImperialDreadnaught-SWR.png

And compared with an Imperial SD, this size would be good for Rebels.

Dreadnaught_size.jpg

Edited by Parravon

The Dreadnought and Bulwark have already been mentioned. Here's a few from memory:

Dauntless Cruiser

Assault Frigate (Mk I and II)

Liberator Cruiser

CC 7700 Frigate

CC 9600 Frigate

Then there are all the smaller ones like Carracks, Lancers, Corellian Gunships etc. I'd guess we'll see at least 3 different Mon Cal cruisers.

And if we get the SSD, definitely want the Star Defender.