Number and types of Factions

By Papa Midnight, in Star Wars: Armada

Just a quick question again, if I may.

How many total factions do you guys believe will be had in SW Armada?

Certainly there will be the Rebels and the Empire, but what other races/factions do you foresee?

That is a question of some very heated debate on this forum. It's probably not worthwhile getting into it, but if you want to read it, search for the phrase 'third faction' in the X-Wing forum.

As much as I would like a third faction I don't think it will happen

When I heard about the Star Wars: Empire at war faction featuring the Zann Consortium I asked myself, "Why do I care about these people? This is some darker, edgier faction for Fans of Broody antiheroes to screw over the major characters in the star wars saga." I haven't played the game, but I'm having a similar hesitance for considering any other faction besides Star Destroyers and their targets er... Rebels, and the Empire.

Perhaps the Hutts? Perhaps the Hapans. But I think before that happens, the Rebels and Empire need to be established. And there's a lot of content to put up before they're ready to consider a third faction. We haven't even begun!

Hopefully... Zero... game doesn't need them.. will confuse some people...

I vote for hapans

I can't see it going past Empire and Rebels for quite some time, if at all. They'll have to let those two fly for a while to measure the success of the game before throwing a third faction into the mix.

When I heard about the Star Wars: Empire at war faction featuring the Zann Consortium I asked myself, "Why do I care about these people? This is some darker, edgier faction for Fans of Broody antiheroes to screw over the major characters in the star wars saga." I haven't played the game, but I'm having a similar hesitance for considering any other faction besides Star Destroyers and their targets er... Rebels, and the Empire.

Perhaps the Hutts? Perhaps the Hapans. But I think before that happens, the Rebels and Empire need to be established. And there's a lot of content to put up before they're ready to consider a third faction. We haven't even begun!

Oh the Zann Consortium was so f**king stupid on so many levels- to the point that you have to play the game to truly understand why.

You literally end the game by stealing the unfinished Eclipse Dreadnought, blow up a super star destroyer, beat Han Solo's falcon, and so on.

No, I am not sh*tting you.

I reckon none for now but who knows what the new films will bring.

If you want to get into THIS discussion again, search Third faction in the X-wing forum.

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by tiefanatic