I would like to see YTs, Firesprays, and Shuttles scaled to this size

By El_Tonio, in Star Wars: Armada

What do you think? Will it eve happen? Hope so!

Wouldn't surprise me. Shouldn't be that hard to make them the correct scale, they'd add something to the game and would be something else for us to buy.

Not sure how much use the Shuttle would have though, anything it could do as support ship could and should be done by the VSD or other ships. As a gunboat it wouldn't be as effective as the YT or Firespray.

I think it would be cool, but the only the YT-1300 isn't great in combat and the Firespray is supposed to be pretty rare. They could still appear but without knowing how squadrons work I can't speculate on how these ships would work in game.

Honestly, to scale them accurately for this game, they'd be the size of the ships in the squadron pieces.. they'd have to oversize them to give any detail. Then they might look odd.. imagine a YT half the size of the CR90...

I'm wondering if they'll do them, and how they do them...

I was just about to post this! :)

I think they might be done on the squadron bases but as single ships... But who knows?

SO cool.

I think it would be cool, but the only the YT-1300 isn't great in combat and the Firespray is supposed to be pretty rare. They could still appear but without knowing how squadrons work I can't speculate on how these ships would work in game.

The Edge of the empire book has a comment about some company reintroducing the Firespray. Like bringing back the dart or the mustang.

Honestly, to scale them accurately for this game, they'd be the size of the ships in the squadron pieces.. they'd have to oversize them to give any detail. Then they might look odd.. imagine a YT half the size of the CR90...

Well, I'll be pretty confident that at some point they will do fighter squadron tokens other than the TIE fighter and X-wing - which, since there are no 'ID' numbers on the bases, and because FFG like providing physical game items, means there will probably be TIE interceptor squadron tokens, or Y-wing tokens, or whatever. It's not unreasonable that there might be a 'YT-1300 token' as a single counter - essentially treating the falcon as a squadron of 1 ship...

I guess the question is if they do make them will they be painted or not? And just how many will complain about it and how many people will understand and support it?

I think a cool thing would be to squad them, say a Falcon and two X-wings or a Falcon and a wingman--something to that effect. An added element to the game would be that if squads of ships engage each other in space around the capital ships that part of a turn would merge over into X-Wing where a squad of those same ships would be able to engage the aggressor, on an side mat. It would be a neat way to pull the scale of the game from epic mode into standard mode, then resolve that conflict then pull back out into the Armada game. Just an idea. When I saw the mini CR-90 I couldn't help but think how fun it would be to combine the two games in an interesting way that plays to both their strengths. It would be complicated. But sure could be a lot of fun.

Logic be darned, I want a fleet of tiny baby firesprays.

I think a cool thing would be to squad them, say a Falcon and two X-wings or a Falcon and a wingman--something to that effect. An added element to the game would be that if squads of ships engage each other in space around the capital ships that part of a turn would merge over into X-Wing where a squad of those same ships would be able to engage the aggressor, on an side mat. It would be a neat way to pull the scale of the game from epic mode into standard mode, then resolve that conflict then pull back out into the Armada game. Just an idea. When I saw the mini CR-90 I couldn't help but think how fun it would be to combine the two games in an interesting way that plays to both their strengths. It would be complicated. But sure could be a lot of fun.

Would be cool but would make the game take sooo long. Also how so you deal with partially damaged stacks?

This actually got mentioned on another thread. In RotJ, the Falcon led a couple of squadrons of fighters, so chances are they may be used as squadron leaders rather than on their own. Probably share the same stats as the fighters but add a cool ability of some description. Any model will only be a marker to distinguish it from the regular fighters.

This actually got mentioned on another thread. In RotJ, the Falcon led a couple of squadrons of fighters, so chances are they may be used as squadron leaders rather than on their own. Probably share the same stats as the fighters but add a cool ability of some description. Any model will only be a marker to distinguish it from the regular fighters.

That sounds good. Great really. As to the length of the game combining the two, I could see an entire weekend campaign requiring a lot of time, but it would be pretty cool.