HyperSpace movement in the game

By Papa Midnight, in Star Wars: Armada

Hi there! My first post on these forums. :)

Quick thought/question here:

Will there be HyperSpace movement for Star Wars Armada?

Specifically: will ships be able to move onto the tabletop through hyperspace or will all ships have to be placed on the game board before the start of a game/mission?

Thoughts?

I could see a mechanic like reserves or an action that allowed you after a certain amount of turns to leave. Then they can put in the interdictors to block such travel

I guess the possibility is there, but I would think unnecessary . it will probably start like a typical Xwing game, all ships on table.

For a reserves aspect, I think you would just set the ship on the edge and be done with it.. unless you wanna do something like, plot a move and the ship enters play ie drops out of hyperspace, at his move point..

I honestly believe that a whole set of tactical challenges and strategies would be had if there was some sort of HyperDrive mechanism in the game, which would certainly add an additional dimension to the game.... again, just a query. :)

And adding a Reserve(s) ability would elevate this game above other similar sic-fi games, imo.

I hope they do have mechanics for lightspeed. There was a mechanic in X-Wing in one of the missions. Regrettably, I didn't much care for it and so had to write my own for my own missions.

I hope they do have mechanics for lightspeed.

However, if the game will be limited to 6 turns total, we might not see any sort of HyperSpace movement onto the tabletop.... again, mere speculation for right now as everything is simply too early.

However, if the game will be limited to 6 turns total, we might not see any sort of HyperSpace movement onto the tabletop.... again, mere speculation for right now as everything is simply too early.

Six game turns? I had not read that yet.

Six game turns? I had not read that yet.

I hope I'm wrong. But I honestly remember reading that in one of these threads earlier today.

From the product description page

"4) Status Phase

In the Status Phase, players ready their exhausted defense cards and flip the initiative token. Then the player with initiative increases the round count, or if you’ve just completed the sixth round, the game ends. Victory is awarded to the player who has scored more total points, counting both those awarded for eliminating enemy ships and squadrons as well as those awarded for completing objectives worth victory points."

Thanks Forgottenlore.

In a way, I didn't want this game to have a turn limit.

:(