Rune of Stone on mailshirt?

By Wolfram, in WFRP Rules Questions

Hi all

As the title suggests, my question is: can our Dwarven runesmith make an armour Rune of Stone on my mailshirt?

Thank you,

Wolfram

I'm not an expert, but as per the book I think it needs to be a superior quality item. Runesmiths don't sell their service either.

If the mail shirt was of superior quality, yes. He can do it as a gift also. He can craft a superior mail shirt with the rune on it as well.

Great, thanks. It is of superiour quality yes, and the runesmith is in our party, so it will be a gift.

Thanks, guys :)

If you want reliable access to magic items, the only real way is via a Runesmith in the party, most modules just don't have magic gear for players, or if they do, they come with corruption or some other drawback.

Pretty silly if you ask me,

How long would you say it would take, to craft a Stone Rune on a superior quality shield?

The rules are in BFP, page 37

1 day for the first rune, 2 for a second, 3 for the third. A dwarf making the whole thing from scratch, would take a week (8 days, pg 42 for an exotic item) to craft the masterwork base item, then additional days based on how many runes. Does it make "fluff sense" for a master runesmith to build a 3 rune axe in 16 days, hell NO. Does it make GAMING sense, sure.