How to get public objetives in shards of the throne expansion

By Krynn007, in Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition

I'm just wondering how do you draw public objectives in the shards of the throne expansion.

Friend of ours picked up the expansion so it was our first time with it.

We started playing and a couple turned in we realized nobody was up points and there was no public objectives bring drawn.

Since we had the expansion we were using the new strategies.

The old political objective I think part of its step is one is drawn.

So then someone decided to just flip up a card until the game over card was drawn and play that many turns. At the end of the phase one would be in play. Allowing X amount of turns till the game was over.

I'm wondering if there was a rule somewhere we may have missed? Maybe there is another way to draw?

Maybe you only flip one up when the political card is played?

Or maybe up to the players like we did.

What I didn't like about it was you knew when the game was going to be over, and actually we didn't even play the last round because we knew the next card was game over and the player in the lead would have won either way because that card is played before we do the public objectives anyway.

(hope I'm making sense very tired lol)

Were you playing the Shards of the Throne scenario, or just a regular game using some of the options from the expansion?

If you were playing the scenario, I can't help, I don't really know it or its special rules.

If you were just playing a regular game, then you should not have been playing with the "#8 Industry" or the "#3 Civilization" strategy cards. Those are specifically meant the the historical scenario from the expansion. Any other #8 strategy card should have rules for revealing public objectives.

Does that help?

The historic scenario has no public (nor preliminary or secret) objectives, only the secret goal of each player.

Ya e were just playing a regular game.

So in a regular game with the shards of the throne expansion, you don't use the #3,8 strategy cards?

If so then you also don't get to user the representatives?

Since your just using the original political card

Edited by Krynn007

The expansion has multiple #3 strategy cards. Civilization, political II, and Assembly II (along with #5 Trade III and #8 Industry). Only the civilization and industry cards are specific to the scenario. The political, assembly and trade cards from the expansion are added to the regular game depending on what options you want. Trade III is how you add mercenaries (not a fan myself) and the representatives are added with either of the political or assembly 2 cards(which I strongly recommend), depending on which set of strategy cards you are using.

Moreso with this expansion than the other you have to carefully read the rules for each thing to identify whether it is for general play or is specific to the scenario.

PS. Why is there what looks like the back of a tiny credit card in your post?

Edited by Forgottenlore

The expansion has multiple #3 strategy cards. Civilization, political II, and Assembly II (along with #5 Trade III and #8 Industry). Only the civilization and industry cards are specific to the scenario. The political, assembly and trade cards from the expansion are added to the regular game depending on what options you want. Trade III is how you add mercenaries (not a fan myself) and the representatives are added with either of the political or assembly 2 cards(which I strongly recommend), depending on which set of strategy cards you are using.

Moreso with this expansion than the other you have to carefully read the rules for each thing to identify whether it is for general play or is specific to the scenario.

PS. Why is there what looks like the back of a tiny credit card in your post?

Have to take a look next time we play.

I usually use my cell to post, and it does some awesome auto correcting.

Probably why the credit card pic lol.

Just tired of always editing