Have I been playing the commit Phase wrong?

By WookieeRoar, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Recently, I was looking at the effect of May the Force be With You . I thought that its effective was only useful if you played an Echoes of the Force on an already focused unit.

However, it was pointed out to me that during the Force Commitment, you may commit any unit to the Force, as long as it wasn't comitted yet.

I always played with the understanding that you can only commit ready units to the Force. I just checked the core cules booklet (pg 14-15) and don't see anything about units needing to be Ready to commit them.

Have I always been doing this wrong? Or was there a ruling update I couldn't find back?

All those games I could have used my Force Wraiths more effectively ...

Edited by WookieeRoar

As far as I know, you could commit a unit to the Force even if it was focused ever since the game was released. In fact, I would sometimes do that with Luke. He'd be exhausted, but I would commit him anyway since he would ready at the beginning of the Dark Side's turn.

At least you know now. :D

you can commit any unit during the commit portion of the phase.

only ready & commited units contribute to the force during the force struggle portion.

you can commit any unit during the commit portion of the phase.

only ready & commited units contribute to the force during the force struggle portion.

And since May the Force Be With You effectively "readies" the unit, they will count. Probably the most aptly named objective in the game. I can almost hear the designers laughing...