I need a copy of Runebound!

By la1cajun, in Runebound

Whats up guys, saw the last post about Runebound possibly coming out or something. I need a copy bad. My gaming group is playing the heck out of talisman and Ive been reading way too much about runebound being even better. I just dont know why they would quit making something so popular. I mean money is the game right? as much as im seeing these things for on amazon and ebay and peeps are paying for them, not me by the way, it seems that FFG would definitly stand to make some greenbacks for this gem. Hell talisman has been out since the beginning and thats still around and popular. If anyone knows where i can get a copy of this gem without paying 150-200$ please let me know. Thanks again guys.

Runebound is awesome, my friend. It's a better adventure simulator than Talisman , in my opinion (might not be the most lighthearted or the most accessible, though). But it simulates travel, terrain, and adventure very well... hopefully you find a copy.

Whats up guys, saw the last post about Runebound possibly coming out or something.

More like "the last post about how people WANT Runebound to come back out." To my knowledge FFG has not announced anything of the sort, officially.

I need a copy bad. My gaming group is playing the heck out of talisman and Ive been reading way too much about runebound being even better.

Runebound is less random, more "RPG-ish" than Talisman, but I'm not sure about it being "better." They're both good games.

I just dont know why they would quit making something so popular. I mean money is the game right? as much as im seeing these things for on amazon and ebay and peeps are paying for them, not me by the way, it seems that FFG would definitly stand to make some greenbacks for this gem.

I suspect that the card packs may have been the demise of the game. I don't think they were cost-efficient considering there were 6 card packs per "wave" and only 1 or 2 packs in each wave were actually popular.

I don't know how well the box expansions were selling, but that seems to be a standard business model so I doubt it was a big problem.

I'm also wondering more recently if FFG had to stop using the old art for some sort of legal reasons. I can't imagine what those might be, but I've noticed that a lot of Terrinoth games have been using new art lately (after recycling the same art for so long in RB and other older games.) Some of the new art is even a deliberate reproduction of older images in a new style (Farrow LT packs, I'm looking at you!)

Makes me wonder if they had to stop using the old art for some reason, thus forcing them to stop printing the older games...

If anyone knows where i can get a copy of this gem without paying 150-200$ please let me know. Thanks again guys.

I do not, but chin up. YOu'll find a copy in time.

SUCCESS! Found a copy on ebay for $69 on buy it now. Guy bought it brand new at a store by his house and he played it once. All components there and game is like new condition. Pic are phenominal looking. not a scratch or frayed edges or anything. Considering he just bought it it I would not expect it to have any anyways. Man am i excited. I see boxes all frayed and beat up starting at $75 and others in the condition I bought mine are 130 to 200 dollars. considering I payed about $20 more than the retail I feel Lucky. It is the second edition as well. Thanks for the support guys. If there are any recommendations on what expansions are the best to start with let me know so I can keep my eyes peeled for a just in case deal around. Thanks again!

The main board game can be found new at original prices, tho a bit difficult in some places, and even some of the big box expansions. Its the small expansions which are very hard to find.

I am new to Runebound but have played Talisman since the 80's. I agree Runebound is more serious than Talisman, not necessarily better. However I would never play Runebound with more than 3 players. It's way too long! Which is funny because Talisman is long! But I think its because Runebound turns are so long. some people get extra dice so the 2nd turn can be started after someone moves on theirs, but even getting extra dice is hard!

Runebound also has less player interaction. So depending on group size and taste of play, it can swing either way.