H&L with Rebel Leia

By Yankeefan1355, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

If Rebel Leia is on the board and you use H&L Objective's action, is Rebel Leia captured or does the action resolve normally?

This is assuming of course that another Leia has been revealed from hand and all other conditions have been met.

Thanks!

You can initiate an attempt to return Leia to hand, but she does not actually return to hand because of her ability that causes her to be captured. The new Leia does not enter play (though you do still get to use the original Leia's interrupt). Per the rule book, pg 27:
"Then
If the effect text of an ability includes the word “then,”
the text preceding the word “then” must be successfully
resolved (or be true) before the effect described after
the word “then” may be resolved."

In this case, the Rebel Leia does not successfully return to your hand (or be true), so you cannot resolve the part of the ability after the "then."

Thank You, that's what I thought!

For those who are still curious about this, I got the official answer from FFG:

You can initiate this effect, reveal Jedi Leia from your hand, and attempt to return Rebel Leia to your hand.

Rebel Leia’s passive effect kicks in, and she is captured.

The second effect is worded, “Then, put the revealed card into play.” Because it’s a “then” effect, it is dependent upon the preceding effect to have resolved successfully. As the other version of Leia did not successfully return to your hand, you cannot put the revealed copy of Leia into play.

Nate French
Senior LCG Designer
Fantasy Flight Games
[email protected]

> Rule Question:
> If I have Rebel Leia Organa (Core 10-2) in play, can I use the action of Heroes and Legends to reveal Jedi Leia Organa (Echoes of the Force 117-2) and put that card in play even though Rebel Leia will get captured?
>
> Is the second stage of the effect ("Put the revealed card in play") dependent on the card taken out of play actually returning to my hand, or only on the starting cost having been paid and the effect having been initiated (Focus objective, reveal card and take back the card currently in play)?