Question about where Locust figures go when killed

By Doom Hammer, in Gears of War: The Board Game

Hi, Just played my first mission and found the game quite easy to understand, just one minor question if anyone could answer for me.

Do you return a defeated Locust figure back to the mission card so it can be spawned again or is it removed from play altogether?

In the rule book I could only find the text "remove the figure from the map"

I ended up playing the first mission and never needed to spawn any more than the original number placed in the set up part of the game.

I chose Damon Baird and played Emergence in a solo game as I couldn't persuade my wife to control a COG, maybe she would have if female one had been available :D

By the finish I had no ammo left with his starting weapons, but had picked up a Scorcher and killed the last Locust with 1 Ammo left on the card. I Had killed 6 wretch, 3 Drone, and 1 Boomer. Making 10 kills in all and had 5 order cards in my hand. So I think I did quite well for my first game.

My overall plan is to play through all the mission from the base game and mission pack 1 over the next few weeks, between playing start painting the figures. At the end I will hopefully have a few ideas for some fan missions to include some new Locust figures. I already have ideas for a theme just need to see about implementing them into this great game.

Do you return a defeated Locust figure back to the mission card so it can be spawned again or is it removed from play altogether?

Back to the card so it can be spawned again. Only way you'll not spawn Locusts when called for is if all the Locust used in the mission in question are already in play. But then you have a whole another set of problems, big problems!