"Raid"

By Ersatz Nihilist, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

I've not played the Star Wars LCG, but I understand that they did a 'Raid' game type, where three players would gang up on and attempt to defeat one player that was far more powerful than they normally would be.

Does anybody else think that the coming of the Tyranids would fit the 40k theme enough to make it workable? Hell, if you wanted to go completely crazy, make it a 3 player game where two normal factions are competing for worlds, while the Tyranids attempt to devour them out from under the other players. If the Tyranids can push the game state to the point where neither of the other players are capable of winning, they win instead.

edit - Perhaps the Tyranids would devour from the right?

Of course, the game hasn't hit the shelves yet, so it's a little soon to be spitballing ideas, but I'm terrifically excited about Conquest. The combination of speed (or at least the perception of speed I get from the rules) and art-style really hits the spot.

Edited by Ersatz Nihilist

The Star Wars challenge decks much like the wow tcg raid decks are special decks. Tyranids will be another playable faction.

Thst is not to say that this couldn't be done using the tyranids or even something like the 13th Black Crusade as the "raid" decks theme. Would be interesting to see some uber powerful cards for individuals like Abaddon.

There seams to be a trend to make these games multi-player. I would expect a multiplayer rule set to come form FFG at some point. Though I am not sure there will be any kind of "raid" like in that awful wow game, though Star Wars did do it.. but it is basically 2 factions. The good guys and the terrorist rebels. So a raid system can be made pretty easily. This game has a heap of factions so it is hard to see how this could be made into a raid type setting with out major changes or somekind of 3rd party neutral threat they can all fight.

That being said while I doubt this would ever happen, I would be very interested in a game mode like that.